Senior-Level Financial and Accounting Executive eager to contribute extensive talents toward supporting a dynamic company in optimizing bottom-line performance.
Proficient in full-scope financial management operations inclusive of internal controls, financial reporting/statements, reconciliations, taxes, and GAAP accounting; specialized experience in the real estate industry and uniquely qualified in steering sales and marketing efforts.
Deploy impressive business instinct to identify and implement solutions for measurable process improvements and profit enhancements.
Excel in supporting and conducting audits, coordinating taxation activities, ensuring compliance with SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley) requirements, and cooperating with IT in implementing accounting system conversions and upgrades.
Adept at performing complex financial and trend analysis to support short-term and long-range strategic plans and operating budgets.
Display a collaborative work ethic and a superior level of adaptability, initiative and self-management.
Computer/software skills include Microsoft Office, Lotus 1‑2‑3, Real World, Peachtree, QuickBooks, QuickBooks Pro, Pro-Soft, and Timberline Management Systems.
Highly skilled in personnel administration and leadership; reputation for polished interpersonal, communication, organizational, and motivational skills.
Thompson Consulting Services, Charlotte, NC, 2008 to Present
- Provided excellent consultative guidance to multi-million dollar periodical publishers requiring an overhaul of business office procedures and financial management processes such as statement preparation and invoicing.
- Completed in-depth analysis of company to devise action plan for improving strategic direction.
- Cooperated with external consultants to coordinate timely and compliant tax reporting.
- Created comprehensive budget model via Microsoft Excel to significantly enhance budget analysis, administration, and tracking.
- Train and mentor newly-hired controller to achieve a seamless transition and sustained efficiency.
Tara Properties, Charlotte, North Carolina, 2005 to 2008
Chief Financial Officer
- Managed full spectrum of financial management functions spanning cost accounting, budgeting, financial reporting, and lender negotiations.
- Leveraged considerable administrative expertise to coordinate house closings with mortgage companies, closing attorneys, title companies and customers, track payments to vendors, and facilitate tax and business license reporting.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
Masterpiece Homes, Inc., 2001 to 2005
Chief Financial Officer
- Directed total financial operations inclusive of cost accounting and financial reporting for company generating sales volume of $75M in 2005.
- Drove software conversion from QuickBooks Pro to Pro-Soft construction accounting software.
Cherry Homes / Craft Homes, Charlotte, North Carolina, 1997 to 2001
Chief Operating Officer & Chief Financial Officer
- Spearheaded all sales, construction, strategic planning, pricing, profitability analysis, and inventory control for company producing $40M annually.
- Oversaw fiscal responsibilities encompassing construction financing, accounting, payroll, tax reporting with external consultants, and financial report preparation.
- Proficiently orchestrated merger of both companies accounting and financial systems and played a vital role in integrating banking relationships and job costing system.
Thompson Real Estate Services & Consulting, Charlotte, North Carolina, 1990 to 1997
- Founded, launched and successfully operated private real estate sales and listing company specializing in land and residential properties.
- Championed development and deployment of major in-house accounting, budgeting and financial reporting system for $6M corporation.
- Leveraged strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively negotiate $200K+ in annual savings from revised vendor/supplier contracts and introduction of process improvements.
Fortis Homes, King, North Carolina, 1986 to 1990
Vice President C Charlotte (1987 to 1990)
- Brought on board by President/CEO to direct all land acquisition, sales and construction activities for financially and operationally distressed division.
- Strategically replaced complete staffing structure, overhauled project management procedures, broadened sales and marketing efforts, and elevated quality parameters to achieve dramatic turnaround from $2M in losses to profitability within two years.
- Promoted from role as VP of Triad (1986 to 1987).
Prior background includes role as Company President for Chadwyck Homes, Houston and Austin, Texas and Genstar Homes Of Texas.
B.A., Business Management, Luther College, Decorah, Iowa
Graduate, Advanced Business Management Course, Banff School of Advanced Management, Canada
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Licensed Realtor/Broker, North Carolina, South Carolina and Florida
National Association of Realtors North Carolina Real Estate Association
Charlotte Association of Realtors Charlotte Multiple Listing Service
Hiring Agent Name
Are you seeking a results-focused, solutions-oriented Senior Financial Management Executive to support your company in maximizing performance? I am currently exploring new opportunities, and am interested in joining your team. To acquaint you with my qualifications, I m submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
I bring to you a solid background in performing financial management operations requiring complete profit and loss responsibility, exemplary expertise in developing and implementing SOX-compliant policies and procedures, and outstanding capabilities in streamlining and enhancing internal control processes. To complement these qualifications, I offer polished organizational, analytical, planning, forecasting, and prioritization skills which are essential in financial and accounting management.
As a member of your leadership team, I will consistently exhibit dedication to playing a large role in achieving and surpassing goals. I am eager to meet with you to discuss how my qualifications support your current and prospective needs, and welcome the opportunity to interview at your earliest convenience.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!