highly-qualified it professional and field service technician with 15+ years of proven expertise in a variety of technology maintenance and repair functions including complex network, hardware, and operating system troubleshooting and configuration, onsite repair of computers and peripheral equipment. developed custom built computers and accessories and delivered subsequent help desk support clients.
lan & wan systems / user management / router installation / repairs & upgrades
firewall management / ups power management / data backup & recovery
wireless installation & management / racks & patch panel mounting
troubleshooting: network, hardware, & operating system
technical competencies: patch panels, printers, switches, routers, security cameras, wireless and telephones, ds3 and ds1 lines; e-mail, internet filtering, and cabling cat5 cat6 coax fiber. microsoft, novell, and i-series operating systems.
president, 03/2003 c present
- execute a variety of entrepreneurial duties including formulating policies, planning the use of materials and human resources, managing daily operations such as billing, personnel management, payroll processing, tax preparation, professional development, marketing, sales and client relations.
- determine goods and services to be sold, and set prices and credit terms, based on forecasts of customer demand; meet the needs of local school districts by soliciting the sale of computer systems and support services.
- coordinate business activities concerned with manufacture of customized computers and peripheral equipment.
- install, configure, and support the computer networking needs of educational institutions including user set up, data backup, ups, email synchronization, internet filtering routers, and firewall maintenance.
- direct and coordinate organizations computer operations, maximize proficiency, and increase efficiency through onsite computer repair and management of ds3 and ds1 lines between customer buildings.
- establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with board members, organization officials, and staff members as necessary.
- complete installation of cat5/cat6/fiber cabling, patch panels, printers, switches, routers, security cameras, wireless and telephone systems; assess power usage at client sites.
- run an efficient help desk assisting clients with troubleshooting programs and operating systems such as microsoft, novell, and i-series.
computer professionals of il, northbrook, il
vp of sales and service, 06/1998 c 03/2003
- analyzed equipment computer performance records of local school district and businesses to determine the need for repair or replacement.
- conferred with network users about how to resolve existing network concerns and malfunctions including email and user set up, data recovery and backup, ups, internet filters, router, and firewall management.
- monitored and maintained email applications or virus protection software.
- configured and tested computer hardware, networking software and operating system software.
- diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, install new and replace defective cat5/fiber/twin ax/coax cabling, patch panels, hubs, printers switches, routers, wireless and telephone systems.
- gather data pertaining to customer needs, and use the information to identify, predict, interpret, and evaluate system and network requirements.
- implement and provide technical support for operating systems, such as microsoft, novell, i-series, and maintained t1 lines.
page 1 of 1
computer bay, crystal lake, il
computer technician / it dept
- provided technical assistance to computer system users; answered questions or resolved computer problems for pc and mac clients in person, via telephone or from remote location.
- offered assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems.
- maximized revenue by capitalizing on computer needs of local school districts and business and providing high quality equipment for reasonable prices.
- ran cat4/coax cabling for computers, switches, hubs, and telephones.
- research and development technician, simtrac, inc.
- maintenance, children s home society of mn
- carpenter, general home builder, d&j construction company
- cement worker, voegle and hopwood construction
electronic engineering technology; gpa 3.8
itt minnesota school of business
- hewlett packard certified professional
- a+ certified
- cdt tactical master instructor self defense
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!