dedicated and focused lab/data analyst seeking opportunity in biotech or bioengineering industry where exceptional talents in product development will provide an immediate and measurable impact to the employer.
- extensive strengths in assay development inclusive of colony formation, micro-array based, and mtt.
- proficient in design of experiment (doe), using microsoft excel to analyze and organize data, performing gene sequencing, and detecting single nucleotide polymorphisms (snps).
- adept at multiplex assay panel cutting, pcr mutagenesis, maintaining clean room protocols, and sirna knockdown western blot analysis.
- extremely versatile with an outstanding capacity to handle a high volume of work simultaneously.
- exemplary ability to quickly master new roles, tasks, technologies, challenges and responsibilities.
- display a collaborative work ethic, strong communication skills, and a superior level of initiative and self-management.
- solid abilities in laboratory safety management, personnel training, and project management.
select staffing (schönthal lab, usc medical campus, los angeles, ca), 2008 to 2009
- designed and conducted experiments which explore endoplasmic reticulum (er) stress and cancer therapy, exhibiting proficiency in data analysis, cell culture techniques, and lab maintenance.
- applied dynamic leadership talents toward training, mentoring and supervising new students.
kelly scientific resources (affymetrix, south san francisco, ca), 2006 to 2007
research associate iii
- proactively supported product development efforts by conducting extensive research into drug metabolism enzymes and transporters (dmet).
- designed and implemented experiments, analyzed data, performed assay development and optimization, and meticulously documented findings via computer software; demonstrated advanced skills in microsoft office, stat ease, and genechip® applications.
- trained and directed personnel in specific projects or assays, consistently emphasizing compliance with quality assurance requirements for validation studies.
- cost-effectively ordered/replenished supplies and maintained lab environment.
- played a lead role in lims (laboratory information management systems) administration.
beckman coulter, inc., fullerton, ca, 2004 to 2005
- prepared and executed experiments with an emphasis on snpstream® 12plex line maintenance and 48plex assay development.
- thoroughly investigated customer product complaints and exercised polished analytical expertise in troubleshooting snpstream platform software and hardware issues.
- formulated qc methods for automated liquid handling systems, clean room printing environment, pcr primer extension, and micro-array snp detection.
- expertly administered biomek fx/nx/3000 automated workstation.
- leveraged significant programming skills to utilize oracle, vb#, sql, and cartesian technologies.
- effectively troubleshot and resolved issues with ceq software on 8000 and 8800 systems.
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ page 2 of 2
professional experience continued
adecco technical staffing, irvine, ca (beckman coulter, inc.), 2003 to 2004
quality control technician
- relied upon to install snpstream® qc lab environment, facilitate product verification and validation, and precisely inspect manufacturing products and batch records for compliance with qc sops.
- identified and promptly reported failed components to materials requisition board.
- employed proven organizational capabilities in maintaining up-to-date gmp documentation and records, testing incoming raw materials, and maintaining clean room work environment.
sangamo biosciences research, richmond, ca, 2003
- successfully completed training in research techniques and refined skills in record keeping, dna preparation, chromatograph interpretation, gene cloning and plasmid construction.
- maintained mammalian cell lines via cell culture, mammalian cell transformation, nucleolipofection, pcr-based gene cloning and isolation and qiagen plasmid preps.
- performed restriction and ligation based plasmid construction and utilized uv spectrophotometry.
california state university fullerton, 2004 to 2006
teaching assistant (2005 to 2006)
- assembled and delivered lectures on topics such as bacterial culture, chloroplast isolation and functional assay, differential stains, olympus microscopes, and phase contrast microscopes.
graduate student researcher (2004 to 2006)
- facilitated characterization of polymerization site mutants for reca monomers, displaying substantial skills in data analysis and presentation, record-keeping, and experiment planning/execution.
- created plasmids, and examined bacterial and interrupted conjugation assays, mms, nal, and uv dna repair assays, and pcr-based random mutagenesis and site-directed mutagenesis.
m.s. biological sciences ~ emphasis in molecular genetics, california state university fullerton, 2008
masters thesis: suppressor mutants for reca null mutants caused by substitutions at residue 217 in escherichia coli, pollock library, csu fullerton (2007), fullerton, ca
poster presentation: altered polymerization specificity (aps) mutants for e coli reca phage and bacterial genetics (2005), wisconsin, md
b.a. molecular and cell biology ~ emphasis in neurobiology, university of california at berkeley, 2003
beckman coulter, fullerton, ca:
- quality process improvement
- biomek fx, nt, and 3000: advanced aao and doe w/stat ease
- biomek fx, nt, and 3000: methods
- biomek fx, nt, and 3000: fundamentals
- advanced excel: vb# macros
aalas learning library:
- working with the usc
- post-procedure care of mice and rats in research- usc
- working with laboratory mice at usc
hiring agent name
i am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity as an analyst and am submitting my resume for your review. in advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
as indicated in the accompanying resume, i bring to you an outstanding background in product enhancements and optimization, exceptional talents in quality control and assurance, and excellent abilities in molecular biology, doe and assay development. to complement these qualifications, i offer solid planning, documentation/record-keeping, prioritization, and communication skills which are essential as a lab or data analyst.
as a proactive contributor to your organization, you will find me to be a self-motivated professional and stellar leader committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through ingenuity, integrity, and exemplary dedication. i am confident that i could be a valuable asset to your company, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!