results-oriented professional with experience in management, project oversight, teambuilding and leadership. proven capacity to handle various functions necessary in supporting a successful company. dynamic communicator and persuasive speaker, able to forge meaningful associations with clients, colleagues, and management. talent to identify the needs of clients and to encourage a risk-free, positive atmosphere to meet those needs.
dgw construction services,
contractor (self employed), 1997 c present
participate in the conceptual development of construction projects and oversee the organization, scheduling, and implementation. study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods for new homes, remodeling, renovation, home improvement, land clearing/lot preparation, necessary excavation, erosion/sediment control measures, garages, additions, and assortment of buildings from pole-type to conventional. inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations. prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- plan, direct, coordinate, or budget, usually through subordinate supervisory personnel, activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems.
- schedule projects in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
- confer with health officials, architects, engineers, and other trade contractors to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
- prepare and submit budget estimates and progress and cost tracking reports.
- select, contract, and oversee workers who complete specific pieces of the project, such as painting or plumbing.
duane a. williams builder, inc., front royal, va
contractor, 1992 c 1995
studied specifications in blueprints, sketches or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required. shaped or cut materials to specify measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saw. follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment during remodeling and renovations.
- built or repaired cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, and other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, carpenter's hand tools, and power tools.
- removed damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repaired or replaced.
- inspected ceiling or floor tile, wall coverings, siding, glass, or woodwork to detect broken or damaged structures.
warehouse worker ~ dupont co., front royal, va
assistant manager ~ service tire and battery, inc., front royal, va ~
laborer/carpenter helper/apprentice/carpenter ~ mathews-schwartz,
inc., washington dc ~
lord fairfax community college, middletown,
page county, va contractors association
former member board of directors, current president
class a general contractor in virginia; endorsements in building and heavy highway
<<first name>> <<last name>>
<<street address, suite #>>
<<city, state zip code>>
dear <<courtesy>> <<last name>>,
it is with great confidence that i offer my years of experience in project-based, service-oriented environments toward supporting the goals of your organization. to acquaint you with my key qualifications, i am submitting my resume for review; in advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
experience in contracting, warehousing operations, and leadership is the basis for my confidence that i would be a valuable asset to your organization. i consistently represent the employer in a positive manner while interfacing with various other professionals. complementing this, i possess dynamic strategic planning, prioritization and organization skills as well as a strong attention to detail, all crucial to maximizing productivity and meeting critical timelines while maintaining high quality standards. additionally, i am a solutions-focused problem solver with a talent for quickly addressing and resolving issues to ensure optimal efficiency.
as a team member, you will find me to be a customer-focused, highly organized professional committed to supporting your success. i welcome more discussion about how my skills can help in meeting the goals and objective of your organization. until then, should you have any additional questions feel free to contact me at your convenience.
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!