Highly accomplished Senior Management Executive eager to contribute extensive background in Healthcare Services toward supporting a dynamic organization in achieving business goals.
Significant experience in directing national multi-site healthcare operations inclusive of business plan development, strategic planning, staffing, budgeting, reporting, and contract administration. Specializing in long-term care facilities, proactively achieved scale and growth through organic expansion, acquisition of peer companies and individual facilities, as well as real estate development. Proven success in raising almost $2B in capital to fund substantial company growth. Excel in quality management, regulatory compliance, and coordinating new facility openings. Diligently devise innovative operational procedures to standardize and accelerate workflow, enhance patient care, heighten staff productivity, and reduce expenses.
Championed capital development to grow Enduracare Therapy Management from 60 locations to 300+ locations across 23 states.
Founded, expanded, and propelled Alterra Healthcare to become largest provider of assisted living residences in the U.S. with 475 facilities in 33 states.
Pioneered Alterra Healthcare from a start-up to generating $580M annually with $2B in assets.
Testified in Congress at U.S. Senate hearing as national spokesperson for assisted living industry.
Frequently invited as national speaker at healthcare, real estate, and financing conferences throughout U.S., Europe, and Puerto Rico.
Winner of Wisconsin Governor s Outstanding Achievement Award in 1998
Semi-finalist for Wisconsin s Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year in 1997.
Trinity Health Systems, Seattle, WA, 2010 to Present
- Strategically established enterprise to explore and capitalize on acquisition opportunities of assisted living and long-term care facilities for purpose of long-term ownership.
- Successfully secured start-up capital, operating line of credit, and in-house professional staff to review, evaluate and manage transactions.
- Formed partner operating company C New Hope Health Systems, to provide daily management of facilities acquired by Trinity Health Systems.
EnduraCare Therapy Management, Las Vegas, NV, 2002 to 2009
CEO and President
- Spearheaded full-scope operations of national rehabilitation company providing physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy to 300+ hospitals, clinics, and long-term care facilities.
- Led development of infrastructure to enable launch of up to 80 new locations annually.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy C Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued ...
Alterra Healthcare, Milwaukee, WI, 1981 to 2000
CEO and President
- Designed real estate prototypes for frail, elderly and Alzheimer patients and executed national roll-out of facility development and construction, quickly earning recognition as country s largest operator of free-standing Alzheimer s facilities.
- Raised $1.8B in capital from private and public equity, public convertible debentures, syndicated bank debt credit facilities, and REIT (Real Estate Investment Trust) lease financing to achieve dramatic and sustained company growth.
- Adeptly directed daily operations for national organization comprised of 25,000 employees, constantly monitoring and enforcing compliance with budgetary, regulatory, labor and quality criteria.
- Established multi-site operating infrastructure and management information systems to facilitate continuous growth, competitive positioning, and sustainability.
- Leveraged business acumen to negotiate and finalize purchase of private companies, merger of two public companies, and small groupings of single assets with transactions ranging from $10M to $400M.
Regional Director, Assistant Vice President, Unicare Health Corporation, Milwaukee, WI
Director of Facility Management, Hillhaven Corporation, Milwaukee, WI
Licensed Long-Term Care Administrator C State of Wisconsin Licensing Board
Healthcare Management C University of Wisconsin, Madison
Bachelor of Science, Psychology C University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
Board of Directors C Assisted Living Federation of America, 1992 to 2001 (Chairman of the Board from 1995 to 1997) and EnduraCare Therapy Management, 2002 to Present
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!