Solutions-focused Operations Manager eager to contribute exceptional leadership expertise toward supporting a dynamic employer in optimizing bottom-line performance.
Certified Six Sigma Green Belt offering significant experience in production management, P&L, strategic planning, facility maintenance, supplier management, and personnel leadership. Reputation for superior initiative, establishing a cooperative and unified climate across multiple departments, and identifying opportunities which will result in long-term benefits for the employer. Harness enthusiasm and energy to build and inspire teams, resolve conflicts, raise morale, and steer staff to display productivity excellence. Advanced skills in change management, resource planning, identifying cost savings, and maximizing profitability, process improvements and quality levels. Adept at forecasting, decision-making, inventory planning, policy/procedure development, budget administration, and contract negotiations.
- Reversed $3.3M loss at Inteva Gadsden facility in 2006 to achieving a $933K profit in 2009.
- Reduced manufacturing expenses by 9.5% at Gadsden location and 15.3% at Cottondale.
- Achieved a 5% average year-over-year reduction in safety metrics at both Inteva sites as measured in Lost Work Days and OSHA Recordable Incidences.
- Slashed Parts Per Million Defective (PPM) at Inteva Products by 83%.
- Strategically reduced PPM defect levels at Delphi Thermal and Interior Systems by 13% and slashed persistent quality issues by 69%.
- Championed efforts to reduce divisional customer complaints by 12% at Delphi.
- Resourcefully created and executed New Model Launch and Quality Focused Supplier processes worldwide.
- Presented with Delphi Corporation Glenn D. Hall Mentoring Award.
- Improved PPM quality at Delphi Safety & Interior Systems by 35% year-over-year on average and lowered customer complaints by 17%.
- Piloted efforts for Delphi Seating to become third company in South Africa to achieve QS9000 certification.
- Demonstrated outstanding initiative in deploying Just-In-Time shipping and lean manufacturing concepts to Delphi Seating in South Africa.
Inteva Products, LLC, Cottondale and Gadsden, AL, 2006 to 2009
- Spearheaded full-scope operations and customer interface at two plants in Alabama supplying cockpits and interior trim systems to Mercedes-Benz.
- Applied sharp management acumen toward successfully overseeing personnel base of 375 and annual revenues of $160M.
- Cost-effectively administered $23M operating budget.
- Directed, motivated and led geographically-dispersed quote team in winning next generation of Mercedes Benz M-class cockpit and interior business.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
Delphi Thermal and Interior Systems, Troy, MI, 2000 to 2006
Supplier Quality Director
- Optimized and validated quality of products produced and shipped by over 700 Tier II and Tier III suppliers worldwide.
- Played an integral role in defining quality policies and procedures, and performing comprehensive business planning and strategy development.
- Steered risk identification and mitigation through detailed process control and analysis, increasing Zero Defect suppliers, and coordinating Quality Focus Supplier process.
- Managed, motivated and supervised 24 Supplier Quality Engineers and 27 Advanced Quality Engineers.
- Supervised new supplier assessments and on-site evaluations, sourcing, New Model Launch initiatives, and Advanced Product Quality Planning.
Delphi Safety & Interior Systems, Troy, MI, 1998 to 2000
Customer Satisfaction Director
- Facilitated efficient and cohesive efforts among Customer Vehicle Assembly plants, Purchasing, and Supplier Quality Assurance representatives.
- Leveraged exemplary multi-tasking and prioritization skills to administer divisional quality systems and certifications, define and enforce global quality procedures and guidelines, manage customer support engineers, and support venture and acquisition due diligence activities.
- Elevated employee morale, productivity, and overall performance as member of Global Excellence Steering Committee and executive facilitator of Teaming for Excellence training.
- Handpicked as Customer Care Executive representing all Delphi divisions at General Motors Lake Orion Assembly plant.
Delphi Seating Systems, Port Elizabeth, South Africa, 1997 to 1998
- Oversaw broad spectrum of business operations inclusive of strategic planning, labor relations, finance, manufacturing, processing engineering and maintenance.
- Successfully led seating division to be purchased by largest competitor.
Prior background includes over a decade in operations management and supervisory roles at General Motors Corporation, Grand Rapids, MI and Windsor, Ontario, Canada.
Master s of Business Administration, Grand Valley State University, Allendale, MI
Bachelor of Science in Industrial Management, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
Alabama Automotive Manufacturers Association C Board of Directors, 2009; Member 2006 to 2009
CARCAM Industry Advisory Committee C 2009
Hiring Agent Name
Are you currently seeking a hard-working and personable Operations Manager with strong leadership experience, a constant eye on quality assurance, and exceptional staff management talents? If so, I m submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
In addition to excellent academic credentials, I bring to you an outstanding background in quality control and assurance, a proven track record in boosting manufacturing efficiency and fortifying cost control, and solid expertise in P&L, personnel training and development, Lean methods, and Six Sigma strategies. To complement these qualifications, I offer extensive and successful experience in overseeing a broad scope of projects from initial planning to timely completion.
If selected to join your organization, you will find me to be an conscientious professional committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior performance and initiative. I would most certainly be a valuable asset to <insert name of company>, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Interviewer s Name
It was a pleasure (speaking with you/meeting with you) on [insert date here]. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the time you spent with me, as well as to express my appreciation for the information you offered. I am still very interested in the <insert job title> position, and I am convinced that it is the right job for me. I feel my background and qualifications prepare me well for the challenges and responsibilities we discussed.
The position as you described it to me would combine my strong skills in [insert two skills or qualities here]. This would allow me to make the same valuable contribution to your organization as I ve made to my past employers a win-win proposition for both of us.
(Choose one of the two paragraphs below, depending on whether or not you have, or have not yet, interviewed with the person)
(I am eager to meet with you in person to further discuss my background and qualifications. Please feel free to contact me at the above phone numbers so we can continue the discussion we began over the telephone.)
(Again, thank you for considering my qualifications. I enjoyed our talk, and am available at any time to provide you with any more information you may need. I look forward to hearing your decision.)
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!