Learning Disabilities Teacher-Consultant eager to join a Child Study Team
and contribute extensive talents toward supporting a school board
in identifying and assisting students with special needs to succeed and thrive.
Significant experience as a LDT-C complemented by a solid background in teaching general, special and G&T (gifted and talented) education in multicultural environments.
Reputation as a dedicated student advocate with exceptional interpersonal, analytical, and communication skills and fluency in Hindi and Punjabi.
Adept at case management, consulting, conducting comprehensive student assessments, and steering adherence to IDEIA (Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act) criteria.
Excel in fostering cohesiveness among faculty, students, and parents of diverse ethnicities.
Adept at assisting students affected by poor speech/language development, inadequate development of reading and math skills, an unusual fast or slow rate of learning, emotional or social problems, physical difficulties or chronic illness.
Strategically employ a wide range of accommodations to individualize learning and provide students with a successful classroom experience.
MOESC, Tinton Falls, NJ, 2003 to Present
Learning Disabilities Teacher C Consultant
- Provide specialized expertise to students in public, charter, private and parochial schools, from Pre-K to Grade 12 as well as Adult High School.
- Exhibit outstanding versatility and organizational skills in servicing an average of 20 schools annually.
- Critically complete assessment, interpretation and analysis of student learning characteristics and behavior and compile individual education plans and service plans.
- Consistently adhere to requirements of N.J.A.C. 6A: 14 and IDEIA-B.
- Advise educational staff in various teaching strategies, accommodations, modifications, classroom management and effective discipline approaches.
- Teamed with Intervention and Referral Services (IR&S) Committee to assist students affected by learning or behavioral difficulties through various modifications, services and resources.
- Cooperated with several Child Study Teams, schools, 504 Plan Officers and IR&S personnel to optimize academic success and growth of students and remove barriers to learning.
Piscataway Public School, Piscataway, NJ, 2003
Teacher of the Handicapped
- Leveraged student-centered instruction, educational technology, and individual plans to teach 8th grade handicapped students in settings including resource replacement and inclusion.
- Demonstrated exemplary critical thinking, relationship-building and motivational skills to engage and empower students and encourage active learning.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
Newark Board of Education, Office of Planning, Evaluation & Testing, Newark, NJ, 2000 to 2002
- Proficiently oversaw full spectrum of special education testing inclusive of accommodations and modifications.
- Collaboratively facilitated workshops on interpreting test scores and participated in data analysis of standardized tests such as SAT, PSAT, HSPA, GEPA, and ESPA to prepare annual school report and press release.
- Conducted in-depth strategic planning for test development of SPA (a Newark/Paterson District Test for grades 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, and 10) equivalent to guidelines of ESPA and GEPA.
Permanent High School Substitute (Resource Room) C South Amboy Public Schools, South Amboy, NJ, 1998 to 2000
Substitute Teacher (K to 8) C North Brunswick Public Schools, North Brunswick, NJ, 1998 to 2000
Instructor & Career Counselor C Wigan & Leigh College (UK) Ltd., Chandigarh, India, 1997 to 1998
Kindergarten Teacher C Almaty American International School, Almaty, Kazakhstan, 1997
G&T Elementary Teacher C Stepping Stone School, Chandigarh, India, 1990 to 1992
Teacher and Counselor, Grades 3 to 8 C Vivek High School, Chandigarh, India, 1987 to 1989
LDT-C Post-Graduate Certification, Rutgers University, NJ
MS.Ed. Special Education, Rutgers University, NJ
B.Ed. Education, MD University, India
L.L.B. Bachelor of Law, Punjab University, India
B.A. Political Science and Public Administration, Punjab University, India
Teacher of the Handicapped Certification (renewal in progress)
Elementary School Teacher Certification
Surrogate Parent C New Jersey Department of Education, 1999 to Present
Executive Committee Member, Pranam and YTTS , non-profit organizations dedicated to educating slum children in India, 1990 to present
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!