well-rounded, skilled educator seeking a position as an elementary school teacher. experience teaching kindergarteners c 12th graders in various subjects including, but not limited to, math, science, social studies, english, creative writing, and reading. instruct within various environments including academically diverse whole class settings, regular education, and substitute teaching.
assessment tools / bloom s taxonomy / guided reading
ieps / technology integration / thematic units / manipulatives / nj certified teacher
bachelor of arts in elementary education
bachelor of arts, american studies
cumulative gpa 3.423, dean s list
rowan university, glassboro, nj, december 2008
certificate of eligibility with advanced standing k-5
endorsement in reading, anticipated
endorsement in middle school social studies, anticipated
nj substitute teacher certificate
goddard school, burlington, nj, 05/2009 c present
- instructed 21 three-, four- and five-year-old children in activities designed to promote social, physical, and intellectual growth needed for primary school.
- organized and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental, and social development, such as games, arts and crafts, music, storytelling, and field trips.
- provided indoor/ outdoor space to facilitate creative play, motor-skill activities, and safety.
- attended professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops to maintain and improve professional competence.
- conducted activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provided students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
- adapted teaching methods and materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
- conferred with colleagues to plan and schedule lessons promoting learning, following approved curricula.
club z in-home tutoring, cherry hill, nj, 01/2009 c present
- created tutoring curriculum including materials such as textbooks, workbooks, papers, and other utensils for 8th grade students seeking to increase competency in reading.
- discussed assigned duties with classroom teachers to coordinated instructional efforts.
- observed students' performance, and recorded relevant data to assess progress.
- prepared lesson outlines and plans covering vocabulary, main ideas, and reading comprehension.
page 1 of 2
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy | page 2 of 2
k-12 substitute teacher
camden/burlington/gloucester counties, 09/2007 c 05/2009
carried out instructional regimens in math, science, social studies, english, creative writing, and reading for elementary school students, kindergarten through 6th grades.
established clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects and communicated those objectives.
teacher s assistant
just children daycare, mount laurel, nj, 09/2006 c 05/2008
followed educational standards and goals and established associated policies and procedures.
taught, directed, or coordinated the academic and nonacademic activities of preschool including activities that enhanced motor skills and strengthen muscles.
1st grade teacher
merchantville elementary school, merchantville, nj, fall 2008
established clear objectives for all lessons and units and communicated objectives covering language arts, vocabulary, spelling, and reading abilities.
provided a variety of reading materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate, and use, both in learning activities and in imaginative play.
administered standardized ability and achievement tests and interpreted results to determine student strengths and areas of need.
prepared children for later grades by encouraging them to explore learning opportunities and to persevere with challenging tasks.
collaborated with other teachers and administrators in the development, evaluation, and revision of literature based reading program.
conferred with parents or guardians, teachers, counselors, and administrators to resolve students' behavioral and academic problems.
maintained accurate and complete student records as required by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations
field teaching experiences, fall 2006 c spring 2008
- collings lake elementary school, kindergarten
- lindenwold middle school, seventh grade, math
- radix elementary pds, fourth grade
- james johnson elementary pds, first grade
member, golden key international honors society
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!