results-driven account executive eager to apply superior business development skills and depth of knowledge regarding the food industry toward actively supporting the employer in optimizing sales and profits
ø offer numerous years of progressive experience representing food wholesalers, brokers, and manufacturers, with expertise in client relations, financial forecasting, strategic planning, inventory management, and process improvements
ø demonstrated ability to provide excellent service for existing clients while increasing distribution channels in highly competitive arenas; manage key accounts, develop niche markets, and administer major contracts resulting in high-revenue transactions
ø effectively prospect, secure, and retain diverse client base; identify and capitalize on opportunities to penetrate and develop markets
ø develop and implement innovative business development strategies; proactively monitor trends and developments including competitive services and marketing activities
ø dynamic communication, presentation, negotiation, and relationship management skills
account executive, c&s wholesale grocers 1997 c 2010
- effectively liaised between internal departments at c&s and client to increase sales, reduce costs, and troubleshoot potential issues; led customer meetings to deliver ongoing updates on sales, service levels, inventory results, and ad performance
- streamlined dairy business process through implementing best practices, establishing objectives and timelines, assigning project owners, and improving communications
- reduced leftover ad inventory by 40% as the leader on the ad task force; reviewed and refined standard operating procedures
- enhanced discontinued item process by working with it to improve reporting and tracking; named employee of the quarter for reducing excess, dead inventory, and lost sales
- improved c&s and client communication regarding conversion items and introduced banner authorization flag on new item transmissions resulting in 14% decrease in amount of new inventory required to be brought in upfront
regional sales manager, american value brands, new york, ny 1997
- played an integral role in successfully introducing a new product to the grocery trade by developing trade marketing programs, creating sales presentations, and managing a network of food brokers
account manager, food enterprises of new york, fairfield, nj 1992 c 1997
- entrusted with directing merchandising and promotions for grocery principals including ocean spray, heinz, minute maid foods, keebler, bertillo, and chock full o' nuts
- managed major accounts including pathmark, wakefern and twin county grocers; granted salesperson of the month award at twin county grocers
- selected to serve on technology committee to assess
hardware and software needs of broker account managers
account executive, del monte foods, paramus, nj 1981 c 1992
- throughout tenure, granted responsibility for pathmark, twin county grocers, stop & shop, purity supreme, star markets, penn traffic's riverside division, reeves-parvin (gateway); consistently increased sales volume and received numerous recognitions for exceptional performance
bachelor of science in business management, the pennsylvania state university, university park, pa
~ professional development seminars ~
leadership ~ situational selling ~ selling for success
hiring agent name
i am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity as a insert specific job title and am submitting my resume for your review. in advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
as demonstrated in the accompanying resume, my professional qualifications include extensive experience within the food industry. i ve worked in a broad range of capacities and effectively improved bottom-line performance in every role i ve held. i excel at identifying areas for operational improvement, technological upgrades, and sales growth, and am adept at developing client-specific strategies to meet corporate objectives. my unique blend of sharp business acumen and superior interpersonal relations skills has consistently proven instrumental to my success. to complement this background, i hold a bachelor s degree in business management and have completed substantive professional development in sales leadership.
as an employee, you will find me to be a driven team player committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior performance. i am confident that i could be a valuable asset to insert company name, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!