Dedicated Education Administrator with a significant background in Special Education eager to contribute talents toward supporting a dynamic school or school district.
Visionary leader, student advocate and Doctorate of Education Administration candidate with proficiency in curriculum/program development and management, differentiated instruction, assistive technology, literacy, and data-driven decision-making.
Structured, personable, and respected for positively representing the school to the community and executing highly effective school improvement initiatives to achieve goals and objectives.
Able to integrate technology into curricular initiatives to successfully enhance delivery, impact, and comprehension of lessons.
Adept at managing budgets and advancing educational directives through innovative programs, projects, and initiatives.
Advanced skills in IEP development, well-versed in social/emotional/behavioral learning, and excel at developing successful transition models.
Foster a safe, supportive, and secure learning environment to foster the academic, social, physical, emotional and cognitive growth of students.
Extensive experience in working with kids affected by autism, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD), Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD), and Asperger syndrome.
Southampton Public Schools, Southampton, NY, 2008 to 2010
Director Of Pupil Personnel Services
- Spearheaded administration of special education programs and services for 200+ students ranging from Preschool to 21 years of age.
- Applied dynamic leadership talents toward supervising teaching staff and support personnel.
- Leveraged strong programming expertise to develop and implement K-12 Connections model and introduce K-4 Tier 3 Reading program.
- Served as Chairperson of CSE/CPSE (Committee on Special Education/Committee on Preschool Special Education).
- Served on Academic Advisory and Budget Advisory Committee from 2008 to 2010.
- Resourcefully established and facilitated Special Education Advisory Council (SEAC).
- Championed efforts to significantly reduce displaced tuition expenses.
- Organized East-End Special Education Director s Consortium to enhance collaborative efforts and communication.
- Authored An Educator s Guide to Special Education in 2008.
Ramapo Central School District, Ramapo, NY, 2007 to 2008
Supervisor Of Special Education / CSE Chairperson
- Directed district special education services/programs while serving as CSE Chairperson.
- Proactively created special education modified Social Studies/Science Rubicon curriculum maps for 160 school-based, private school or parentally-placed District of Location (DOL) students.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy C Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
New Canaan Public Schools, New Canaan, CT, 2001 to 2004
Coordinator Of Special Education
- Planned, administered, and seamlessly coordinated special education programming for Preschool to Grade 8.
- Executed improvements such as establishing inclusion best practices policies and procedures, revamping elementary Opportunity School program, and implementing K-6 Reading program.
- Introduced and facilitated Preschool-12 assistive technology referral, assessment, implementation and training continuum.
- Designed and instituted ESY (Extended School Year) initiative to better meet the needs of special education students.
Byram Hills Central School District, Armonk, NY, 1999 to 2001
Special Education Teacher
- Co-authored functional behavioral assessment and behavior intervention plan manuals to appropriately respond to students individualized needs.
- Integrated the Internet into the classroom via Science WebQuests.
- Chosen as Special Educator for pilot Kindergarten co-teaching model.
Carmel Central School District, Patterson, NY, 1989 to 1999
Director Of Pupil Services
Steered special education and PPS for over 600 students from Preschool to Grade 12.
Proficiently supervised five building-based CSEs and one centralized CSE/CPSE/504 Committee.
Presented with Federal Project Award for outstanding contributions to New York State Partnership for Statewide Systems Change initiative.
Launched innovative CEC-awarded program for students with Autism and effectively built K-8 therapeutic support program model.
Strategically devised summer curriculum planning protocol for inclusion co-teachers and standardized grading policy for included students.
Evaluated and clarified entrance/exit criteria for pre-referral services.
Adjunct Professor, Manhattanville College, Purchase, NY
Learning Specialist, The Learning Center, Mt. Kisco, NY
Special Education Teacher, K-8, Poughkeepsie City Schools, Poughkeepsie, NY
Doctorate Candidate, Educational Administration, Dowling College, Oakdale, NY, (in progress)
Master of Science, Special Education, Reading Concentration, State University Of NY, New Paltz, NY
Bachelor of Arts, Psychology; Teacher Certification, Marist College, Poughkeepsie, NY
Certificate of Advanced Study, Educational Administration, State University Of NY, New Paltz
New York School District Administrator
New York School Administrator & Supervisor
New York Teacher: Nursery, Grades K-6 and Special Education
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!