Dedicated and driven B.A. Graduate with specialization in Mass Communication
seeking acceptance into GE s Communications Leadership Development Program (CLDP).
- Adept at public relations, market research and analysis, mass communications, competitive intelligence, and creating compelling and persuasive messages that command action.
Advanced understanding of media production, American radio and culture, and journalism.
Extremely detail-driven, objective, methodical, flexible, and able to effectively adapt communication style to various audiences.
Computer/software skills include Excel, Word, GIS, and PowerPoint.
Adhered to principles of balanced journalism as a contributing writer for the Meredith Herald.
Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication, Meredith College, Raleigh, NC, graduated Cum Laude 2009
Key Areas of Study: Media, Culture & Society; Writing for the Media; Public Relations; Media Law; Mass Communication; Public Speaking
- Dean s List ~ GPA 3.5
- National Communication Honor Society, Lambda Pi Eta, Fall 2009
CBS Radio, Charlotte, NC, 2009
- Demonstrated exemplary versatility and multi-tasking expertise in contributing to promotions, programming and sales operations.
- Participated in planning and development of activities and materials designed to increase awareness of CBS and strengthen competitive positioning in the media industry.
- Served also in an administrative role, leveraging exemplary organizational skills to prepare reports, perform filing, answer and route telephone calls, and facilitate excellent public relations.
The Dr. Phil Show, Los Angeles, CA, 2009
- Applied sharp research capabilities toward investigating, pitching, and developing show ideas.
- Corresponded with potential guests, and responded to inquiries with efficiency and accuracy.
- Effectively worked alongside Senior Executive Producers performing tasks such as scoring tapes for dialogue and music.
Urban Outfitters, Durham, NC, 2008
- Actively supported sales activities by assisting customers, organizing visually-appealing merchandise displays, and stocking products in assigned department.
Additional Experience includes role as Contributing Writer for the Meredith Herald, and as Social Chair of Meredith College s Communication Club.
Hiring Agent Name
Please accept this letter and accompanying resume in application for acceptance into the Communications Leadership Development Program with GE. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
In addition to a B.A. Degree in Mass Communications, I bring to you valuable internship experience with CBS Radio and the Dr. Phil Show, outstanding presentation and public speaking skills, and a considerable blend of talents in research, interviewing, marketing, and journalism. To complement these qualifications, I offer excellent organizational, prioritization, multi-tasking, and media relations skills which are paramount in the communications field.
As a proactive contributor to GE, you will find me to be a self-motivated professional and stellar leader committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through diligence, versatility, and dynamic interpersonal skills. I am confident that I am an ideal candidate for this opportunity, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!