Dedicated Accounting Professional eager to contribute extensive project accounting, revenue accounting, and analytical expertise as well as significant software skills toward supporting a dynamic employer in optimizing bottom-line performance.
- Strong skills in directing and performing full spectrum of accounting functions encompassing accounts payable and receivable (A/P and A/R), general ledger, financial reporting/statements, reconciliations, budget administration, and payroll.
- Excel in reconciling, monitoring and verifying expenditures, justifying variances from budget, and partnering with corporate accounting staff for billing issues and expense reporting.
- Adept at performing complex financial analysis, preparing forecasts, and planning project budget needs.
- Deploy impressive business instinct to identify and implement solutions for process improvements and financial stability.
- Demonstrate an unwavering commitment to confidentiality, prudence, integrity, and accuracy.
- Versatile and resourceful; quickly master new roles, responsibilities, software and environments.
- Outstanding critical thinking, documentation, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Display a cooperative work ethic and a superior level of adaptability, initiative and meticulousness.
ND SatCom Inc., 2008 to 2009
Seamlessly collaborated with Project Manager and Principals in charge to oversee contract documents, change orders, modifications, approvals, and billing issues.
Adeptly evaluated government contracts to identify special conditions and ensure accuracy.
Maintained up-to-date and complete billing folders for projects and relied upon to prepare final invoice packages.
Investigated and resolved unbilled issues and advised A/P team in optimizing client billing, consultant invoicing, and expense reimbursement processes.
Scrutinized cash receipts to reconcile variances and formulated extensive reports covering bi-monthly receivables, profitability, forecasts and actualization of forecast.
Decisively wrote off uncollectible receivables, labor expenses, as directed by Finance Manager.
Demonstrated outstanding multi-tasking abilities to analyze P&L (profit and loss) data, reconcile balance sheet account, prepare budgets, and optimize profit margins.
Nova Consultant, 2004 to 2008
Revenue Accountant (contract, 2007 to 2008)
- Reviewed, calculated and generated monthly JIB statements and monthly journal vouchers for field work.
- Uploaded daily cash deposits to Sr. Accountant and supported payroll processing by inputting time sheet data into system.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
- Expeditiously processed monthly payout statements and revenue distribution.
- Proficiently researched and resolved A/R issues while effectively responding to Joint Interest Owners billing concerns.
Project Accountant (contract, 2004 to 2007)
Diligently administered construction-related billing and payables within integrated job cost and general ledger database and prepared associated reports for management review.
Closely monitored project expenditures to ensure consistent budget adherence.
Leveraged significant accounting expertise to compile weekly invoices for billing, reconcile draw requests to general ledger, analyze P&L accounts, reconcile balance sheet account, and steer Dun & Bradstreet A/R collections.
Maintained comprehensive billing folders for all projects consisting of expenses, consultant invoices, and monthly invoices.
Provided guidance to accounts payable team for issues related to client billing, consultant invoicing and reimbursable expenses.
Explored and rectified cash variances, and efficiently prepared and distributed bi-monthly receivables reports and monthly profitability reports.
TXU Energy, 2001 to 2004
Project Billing Analyst
Spearheaded research, analysis and management of billing projects for major clients such as City of Fort Worth and City of Dallas valued at $1M+.
Applied dynamic leadership talents toward directing, supervising, supporting and motivating 27 Billing Analysts.
Devised financial analysis reports which expedited processes by 1,200 work hours per week.
Compiled and submitted in-depth financial and operating metrics to corporate office.
Resourcefully formulated financial models to allocate direct and indirect costs (SG&G).
Exercised strong forecasting expertise to estimate overlapping periods for major clients.
Actively contributed to modifying, enhancing and streamlining financial and billing reports.
Utilized EDI data for overruns to analyze usage and control costs.
Bachelor of Science in Business Management, Minor in Accounting C Amber University, 2000
Microsoft Office Suite Oracle Financial System Oracle Database JDEdwards Great Plains Accounting Peachtree Accounting ADP SAP Encompass Calyx Enertia
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!