music & piano teacher ~ department chair ~ program administrator
accomplished piano and music instructor with a consistent 95% student retention rate. expertise in developing and delivering dynamic lessons, curriculum and programs that generate results ~ excel in identifying individual student needs and abilities, from beginner through advanced, and tailoring instruction to optimize performance ~ motivating teacher who inspires a life-long passion for and appreciation of music ~ success as private piano instructor, studio art director (drama & dance), keyboardist, and vocalist
private piano instructor-bronx, ny 1995 c present
• develop and deliver lessons in reading music and piano playing techniques tailored toward individual student abilities and needs; teach theory of music to facilitate an understanding of music as a language
• successfully prepare students to perform in concerts and achieve high nyssma (new york state school music association) evaluations
• proficiently manage studio operations ranging from scheduling sessions and collecting payments to consulting with parents to ensure optimal client satisfaction
piano instructor, rosehill music academy-thornwood, ny 2005 c present
• instruct students ranging from beginners with little or no piano background to those with advanced skills; prepare students for 2 annual concerts
• collaborate with director and peer instructors in developing and facilitating quality educational programs
studio art director, pocantico hills day camp-sleepy hollow, ny summers, 2002-2004
• led music program concurrent with overseeing drama, dance, and newspaper programs, including lesson plans development; held bi-weekly meetings with staff to evaluate and coordinate activities/ programs as well as brainstorm new ideas
• produced camp show featuring dynamic musical arrangements, dance numbers and skits
• resourcefully employed innovative games, activities and tools to maximize results of song and music theory instruction
keyboard player/male singer, "synthony" band 1989 c 2001
• traveled and performed nationwide (from miami to alaska) for 6 years, with venues including royal caribbean cruise lines, the las vegas strip and major resorts; performed for celebrities including rudy giuliani, sally jesse raphael and michael bolton
• subsequently came off the road to play clubs and private functions such as weddings and social events
marketing associate, chrysalis records-new york city 1988 c 1989
• strategically promoted new artists and songs for label
bachelors of music; major in piano performance and a minor in voice
syracuse university - vpa (visual and performing arts)
hiring agent name
i am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity where my track record of success as a music & piano instructor will translate to results for your school. to acquaint you with my qualifications, i am submitting my resume for review; in advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
as demonstrated, since 1995 i have owned a studio and provided quality private piano instruction while concurrently serving as a piano instructor at rosehill music academy from 2005 to present. i am highly effective in developing lessons, curriculum and programs tailored to the needs of students ranging from beginner through advanced, in areas ranging from reading music and piano playing techniques to music theory. illustrating my success in teaching and motivating students, i have consistently achieved a 95% year-over-year student retention level, and have excelled in preparing students for successful concert performances as well as nyssma (new york state school music association) evaluations.
i ve also led music, drama and dance programs as a summer studio art director with pocantico hills day camp, including teaching song and music theory as well as producing shows featuring musical arrangements, dance numbers and skits. prior to this, i toured and performed with a band as a keyboardist and vocalist. complementing my vast experience, i hold a bachelors of music, with a major in piano performance and minor in voice.
as a member of your staff, i am confident that i can deliver immediate and long-term results as an inspiring teacher and decisive leader; you will find that i am a driven professional and collaborative team player committed to supporting you in achieving goals. i am eager to meet and discuss how my qualifications uniquely meet your needs, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!