Dynamic Physician Practice Manager with an MBA eager to contribute medical/healthcare industry expertise as well as sharp business acumen toward supporting the employer in optimizing operational performance.
Sound knowledge of medical industry rules and regulations; enforce and improve policies to strengthen compliance and elevate service standards.
Advanced strengths in full spectrum of medical billing and claims processing management including CPT, ICD-9 and HCPCS coding and referral process.
Analyze, create and execute administrative and operational procedures to eliminate redundancy, standardize workflow, heighten productivity, and control costs.
Reputation for integrity, problem solving abilities, thoughtfulness and professionalism.
Adaptable and tenacious; quickly master new roles, responsibilities, technologies/software and environments.
Exemplary ability to work both independently and collaboratively, maintain confidentiality of files and documents, and train/develop highly productive employees.
Providence Physician Group, Everett, WA, 2007 to Present
Physician Practice Manager C Everett Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgical Associates
Spearhead daily operations for clinic comprised of 11 specialty surgical health care providers.
Apply dynamic organizational skills toward recruiting physicians and mid-level providers, devising clinic policies and procedures, creating business and marketing plans, handling credentialing, and coordinating compliant and effective human resources functions.
Supervise efforts of surgery scheduling staff, coder and accounting analyst.
Steer financial functions inclusive of budget administration and accounts receivable and payable.
Boost staff performance by delivering quality training programs in GE Centricity practice management system.
Assistant Billing Manager (2007)
- Proficiently supported NWSA Billing Manager in delegating staff assignments for all departments of Physician Billing Office.
- Directed and monitored daily performance of two billing supervisors.
- Contributed strong multi-tasking expertise toward analyzing, determining and implementing office process improvements, regularly assessing financial performance, and swiftly responding to reimbursement and production inquiries from clinic managers and physicians.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
Pacific Medical Centers, Seattle, WA, 2005 to 2007
Billing and Patient Accounts Manager
- Oversaw insurance and self-pay collections accounts receivable (A/R) for multi-specialty medical group consisting of 130 providers.
- Reliably managed inbound patient accounts call center and played an active role in implementing GE Centricity solution and training end users.
- Demonstrated proven leadership talents in coaching, motivating, and directing 16 personnel.
- Successfully decreased A/R days from 58 days to 46 within eight months.
ACS, Inc., Kent, WA, 2003 to 2005
Operations Support Unit Manager & Physician Billing Supervisor
- Planned, established and effectively managed highly productive 35-employee department supporting outsourced hospital customer service and accounts receivable follow-up.
- Administered insurance A/R for two multi-physician cancer treatment clinics.
- Managed 40 A/R follow-up employees, consistently emphasizing accuracy and efficiency.
Administrators West, Seattle, WA, 2002 to 2003 and 1998 to 2000
Claims / Customer Service Manager
- Managed, monitored and orchestrated seamless customer service and claims processing at Seattle and Bend, Oregon offices.
- Held accountability for rapid problem solving, training staff, and functioning as claims processor and customer service representative.
- Expeditiously filed reinsurance claims and thoroughly investigated claim refunds.
The Polyclinic, Seattle, WA, 2000 to 2002
Supervisor, Claims / Customer Service & Accounts Receivable
- Steered efficient and cost-effective operations of Physician Care Network managed care claims processing, customer service and eligibility departments.
- Supervised team of six claims processers and 13 A/R billing and follow-up personnel.
- Held monthly meetings with providers to discuss and improve revenue cycle.
- Employed solid prioritization skills to review and code charges, and file appeals for orthopedic, general surgery and vascular practices.
Senior Billing and Quality Control Specialist, Benesphere Administrators, Bellevue, WA
Senior Customer Service Representative, Healthcare Management Administrators, Bellevue, WA
Business Manager, Physician Resources Northwest, Seattle, WA
Master s in Business Administration, University of Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ, 2007
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, City University, Bellevue, WA
Certified Medical Coder credential in progress
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!