Hiring Agent Name
I am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity in an IT Management capacity and am submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
As demonstrated in the accompanying resume, I bring to you an extensive background in directing and coordinating major IT projects, proficiency in meeting stringent schedule and budgetary expectations, and advanced talents in team leadership, change management, software/systems training, and document control. To complement these qualifications, I offer solid organizational, communication, analytical, and contractor relations skills which are paramount as an IT Manager.
As a proactive contributor to your organization, you will find me to be a results-driven professional and stellar leader committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior performance, business acumen, and initiative. I am confident that I could be a valuable asset to <insert name of company>, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Dedicated IT Management Professional eager to contribute technical, leadership, and training talents toward supporting a dynamic organization in optimizing bottom-line performance.
Skilled at directing broad IT projects throughout complete development lifecycle (SDLC). Adept at application integration, support, and problem resolution. Strategically devise schedules to maximize use of human, financial and physical resources and ensure on-time, budget-compliant delivery of projects from initial planning stage through to completion. Excel in managing multi-million dollar budgets, identifying cost savings, determining project risk and scope, authoring Statements of Work, and negotiating contracts. Proven ability to motivate teams, resolve conflicts, elevate morale, and steer personnel to achieve productivity excellence. Solid experience in managing prime contractor and sub-contractor relationships. Active Secret clearance. Certified in AutoCAD 2000. Flexible and able to relocate.
- Expertly set up and administered training in systems and procedures to over 17,000 people.
Cost-effectively purchased and managed $100M+ in state-of-the-art technology equipment.
Leveraged exemplary analytical abilities to assess and determine project-specific software training needs and coordinate training activities, including for clients/customers on systems and procedures.
Successfully coordinated unified efforts among technical and non-technical teams to ensure project completion within timeline, budget, and client expectations.
Demonstrated outstanding organizational skills in setting up and deploying VSAT communications at 72 camps in Afghanistan.
Fluor Corp. / Fluor Daniel, Inc., Houston, TX, 1987 to Present
Project Information Manager
Currently serve as Deputy Country Information System Manager of Afghanistan with accountability for three departments: IT, Document Management, and Automation. Apply advanced leadership capabilities toward mentoring, supervising, scheduling and directing 135 personnel.
IS Deputy Country Manager of Afghanistan (2010 to Present)
Team Lead, BPXA Renewals Program N. Slope Alaska [Anchorage & Houston] (2008 to 2009)
Team Lead, Saudi Kayan Petrochemical Complex U&O Al-Jubail, Saudi Arabia (2006 to 2008)
Site Lead, Jamalco C Expansion Refinery, Jamaica (2005 to 2006)
Assistant Lead, ExxonMobil C Sakhalin Island (2005 to 2006 and 2007)
Team Lead, ConocoPhillips C Clean Fuels & Pasadena Refinery (2005)
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy C Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience (Fluor) continued
Assistant Lead, TCO C Kazakhstan (2003 to 2005)
Assistant Lead, UNITED C Jubail (2001 to 2003)
- Proficiently steered the full development lifecycle including in-depth project tracking, documentation, risk management, resource management, and internal client document workflow.
- Precisely defined scope of work, time and resources required, and automation cost and budgets for project.
- Devised project plans, set-up project details in internal system, prepared status reports, and oversaw change request / approval forms.
- Directed, trained, motivated, evaluated and managed project team.
- Effectively formulated execution plan for DDM (Document Data Management).
- Procured video conference equipment and software in alignment with budget parameters.
- Documented and accurately configured required application functionality.
- Facilitated client meetings throughout project lifecycle to address emerging or existing concerns and ensure 100% satisfaction.
- Generated and implemented strategic project close-out plan including coordination of all archival procedures and identification of deliverables.
- Troubleshot internet connectivity and Citrix issues and achieved swift resolution.
- Seamlessly cooperated with client s IT team to configure and coordinate field site server, security, back-up scheduling, data integrity, infrastructure set-up, and mobilization for in-house and remote field sites.
- Contributed proven strengths in document control toward compiling and maintaining critical files authorizing release of blueprints, drawings, and engineering documents to manufacturing and other operating departments.
- Verified accuracy and completeness of blueprints, drawings, change orders, and specifications to ensure and optimize continuity of projects.
Interviewer s Name
It was a pleasure (speaking with you/meeting with you) on [insert date here]. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the time you spent with me, as well as to express my appreciation for the information you offered. I am still very interested in the IT Management position, and I am convinced that it is the right job for me. I feel my background and qualifications prepare me well for the responsibilities we discussed.
The position as you described it to me would combine my strong skills in [insert two skills or qualities here]. This would allow me to make the same valuable contribution to your organization as I ve made to my past employers a win-win proposition for both of us.
(Choose one of the two paragraphs below, depending on whether or not you have, or have not yet, interviewed with the person)
(I am eager to meet with you in person to further discuss my background and qualifications. Please feel free to contact me at the above phone numbers so we can continue the discussion we began over the telephone.)
(Again, thank you for considering my qualifications. I enjoyed our talk, and am available at any time to provide you with any more information you may need. I look forward to hearing your decision.)
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!