~ Dedicated Educator eager to contribute exceptional background in working with youth and proven program development expertise toward supporting a dynamic school and its students in achieving academic goals and objectives. ~
Visionary leader and student advocate with considerable strengths in curriculum development, classroom management, youth/character development, and parent relations.
Cultivate a safe, supportive, and secure learning environment to foster the academic, social, physical, emotional and cognitive growth of students.
Excel in creating and launching school programs and support systems to meet unique needs of at-risk children.
Three years experience instructing secondary and post-secondary education students.
Apply professional demeanor toward positively representing the school to parents and community, playing a key role in building critical relationships.
Strategically utilize a variety of teaching approaches and strategies to accommodate students diverse needs, learning styles, cultures and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Exercise solid critical thinking abilities to evaluate student comprehension and progress.
Superior multi-tasking abilities; gracefully balance competing and simultaneous priorities.
Urban Assembly Academy of Civic Engagement, Bronx, NY, 2008 to Present
Middle School Instructor (Grades 6-9)
- Employ cooperative learning, thematic instruction and differentiation approaches to administer curriculum and provide instructional leadership for after-school mentoring program aimed at building self-esteem.
- Apply sharp mentoring, motivational and coaching expertise to boost students confidence as evidenced by heightened academic scores and completion of work.
- Diligently apply and enforce No Child Left Behind Act through supplemental educational services.
- Regularly communicate with parents to enhance parental involvement and engagement.
I.S. 192 Piagentini-Jones School, Bronx, NY, 2007 to 2008
Collaborative Team Teacher
- Provided English as a Second Language curriculum, exercising various in-house and external resources to develop lesson plans and tests.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
Westchester County Department Of Community Mental Health, White Plains, NY, 2003 to 2006
Mental Health and Homeless Outreach Case Manager
- Assisted mentally ill, homeless and developmentally-disabled clients by coordinating counseling, housing, and broad-scope treatment programs.
- Facilitated referrals to other community agencies and resources as applicable.
Family Services of Westchester, Mt. Vernon, NY, 2005 to 2006
Youth Services Worker
- Administered therapeutic counseling for at-risk youth and provided critical support to families with an emphasis in recreational activities, skill-building, and programs to encourage positive direction and enhance self-esteem.
Four Winds Hospital, Katonah, NY, 2004 to 2005
Mental Health Service Provider
- Provided crucial support to mentally ill children aged 8 to 12 dealing with a wide range of disorders and psychiatric issues.
- Collaborated with nurses and therapist to optimize care.
- Meticulously documented patients medical records.
Dual-Certification Master of Science, Urban Education, Focus In General & Special Education
Mercy College, Bronx, NY, 2009
Bachelor of Social Work, Iona College, New Rochelle, NY, 2004
NY State Teacher Certification 5-9; Multi-Subject Educator, General & Special Education
New York City Fellowship Program, New York, NY, 2007 to 2009
Wurzweiler School of Social Work, New York, NY 2004 to 2005
New York State Association of Professional Educators (NAST)
National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
National Mental Health Association (NMHA)
Mental Health Association in New York State (MHANYS)
National Associations for Persons with Developmental Disabilities and Mental Health Needs (NADD)
Hiring Agent Name
I am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity as a School Teacher and am submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
As indicated in the accompanying resume, I bring to you excellent experience in developing, adapting, and delivering innovative curriculum and lesson plans, and an exemplary blend of talents in classroom management, parent relations, student assessment, and assisting struggling students to achieve success and self-confidence. My unique background in the social services arena is extremely helpful when assisting students with mental health issues or barriers to well-being. To complement these qualifications, I offer polished communication, interpersonal, organizational and prioritization skills which are essential as a teacher.
As a proactive contributor to your school, you will find me to be a highly motivated professional committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior self-initiative, unparalleled versatility, and remarkable leadership attributes. I am confident that I could be a valuable asset to <insert name of school>, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!