Eager to contribute excellent leadership talents, technical acumen, and business savvy in continuing to support Nike as Distribution Center Area Manager C Northridge (2nd shift, job #044302).
Diligently monitor and manage daily business operations to optimize cost control, efficiency, safety compliance, and quality; adept at planning and goal setting.
Outstanding background in production/operations management, budget administration, and report preparation.
Combine sharp leadership and team-building capabilities to motivate, mentor, empower and supervise highly productive personnel; considerable experience in facilitating regular staff meetings.
Establish, nurture and maintain strong employee relations, consistently promoting an open door policy to support problem solving efforts.
Significant multi-tasking, decision making, and computer skills; rapidly master new software.
Appreciated for strong communication skills, a solid work ethic, and attention to quality.
Reputation for establishing a cooperative climate across multiple departments, and identifying opportunities which will result in long-term benefits for the employer.
Nike - BRD, Memphis, TN, 2007 to Present
- Play a vital role in driving 1st shift operations encompassing Returns, Shipping, Traffic and Flow Support to consistently meet production goals.
- Expedite movement of cartons throughout facility and swiftly reconcile discrepancies.
- Participate in training, coaching, and supervising new department employees.
Nike - Winchester, Memphis TN, 2006 to 2007
- Spearheaded automated and manual shipping of all Fed-ex shipments for 1st shift.
- Received, sorted, and palletized daily shipments for employee store and BRD.
- Demonstrated excellent attention to accuracy in preparing shipping documents for drivers and recipient.
- Conducted in-depth weekly dock inspections to ensure workplace safety.
- Applied dynamic leadership proficiency toward training, mentoring and coaching new hires in job functions.
- Instituted departmental safety policies and procedures and monitored compliance by staff.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
Hallmark Flowers, Southaven, MS, 2000 to 2006
Night and Weekend Supervisor
- Partnered with Operations Manager to efficiently coordinate business at 100,000 sq. ft. Distribution Center, seamlessly processing up to 20,000 orders per day.
- Trained, motivated, directed, supervised, scheduled and evaluated crew of between 10 and 70 personnel.
- Leveraged solid prioritization skills to ensure proper warehouse temperatures, record daily inventory of bouquets, prepare regular reports, and secure building nightly.
- Received Perfect Attendance Awards on numerous occasions during tenure.
- Formally recognized and awarded by company president for achieving highest volume shipped in a timely manner in 2004.
Foot Locker, Inc., 1990 to 1999
Manager C Kids Foot Locker, Montgomery, AL (1996 to 1999)
Manager C Kids Foot Locker, Jackson, MS (1995 to 1996)
- Steered daily retail operations inclusive of budget administration, inventory control, staffing, customer service, and payroll.
- Hired, trained, scheduled, evaluated and managed sales team of between 13 and 15 employees.
- Arranged visually-appealing merchandising displays in alignment with corporate promotions.
- Led Montgomery store to rank in 4th place for weekly volume production nationwide generating $800K in one week in 1997.
- Successfully propelled Montgomery store profits from $1.2M to $1.6M annually.
- Handpicked based on considerable leadership talents to travel throughout the Mid-South and assist in orchestrating new store openings.
- Slashed production costs in half which increased profits at Jackson location from $500K to $900K
- Received Top Gain Award in 1997.
Assistant Manager C Foot Locker, Oxford MS (1993 to 1995)
Sales Associate C Foot Locker, Memphis, TN (1992 to 1993)
Sales Associate/Stocker C Oxford, MS (1990 to 1992)
MBA (in progress), Strayer University, TN, Memphis
BBA Degree, Strayer University, Memphis, TN, 2006
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access); Quicken; Hyperion; SAP
Hiring Agent Name
Please accept this letter and accompanying resume in application for the Distribution Center Area Manager opportunity that is currently available. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
As indicated in my resume, I have been a dedicated and productive Nike employee since 2006 and offer strong operations management experience, outstanding abilities in achieving cost savings, and an exemplary blend of talents in staff scheduling, warehouse management, employee leadership, quality assurance, and strengthening overall business efficiency. To complement these qualifications, I offer a steadfast commitment to driving continuous improvements.
As a proactive contributor to Nike for the past several years, I believe I have proven to be a highly motivated professional capable of achieving business objectives through superior self-initiative, unparalleled resourcefulness, and well-developed leadership attributes. I am confident that I am an ideal candidate for this role and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Interviewer s Name
It was a pleasure (speaking with you/meeting with you) on [insert date here]. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the time you spent with me, as well as to express my appreciation for the information you offered. I am still very interested in the [insert name of position] position, and I am convinced that it is the right job for me. I feel my background and qualifications prepare me well for the challenges and responsibilities we discussed.
(Choose one of the two paragraphs below, depending on whether or not you have, or have not yet, interviewed with the person)
(I am eager to meet with you in person to further discuss my background and qualifications. Please feel free to contact me at the above phone numbers so we can continue the discussion we began over the telephone.)
(Again, thank you for considering my qualifications. I enjoyed our talk, and am available at any time to provide you with any more information you may need. I look forward to hearing your decision.)
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!