dynamic counselor with m.ed. in school counseling eager to contribute expertise toward actively supporting the academic community in facilitating quality counseling/guidance programs focused on optimizing client performance and supporting their diverse needs.
- counseling: concerned counseling professional with expertise that transfers into grounded experience in comprehensive student centered customer service model that focuses on the needs of students and families.
- customer service diversity: ability to communicate with ethnically and culturally diverse communities. ability to follow all program policies, procedures, and guidelines including but not limited to client confidentiality and safety, information security, and non-discrimination policies and procedures.
- leadership: proven ability to lead in a positive direction, including coordination of office-wide training and professional development activities.
northshore school district, bothell, washington
dean of students, 2000 c present
- offer support to counseling office by assisting with class scheduling, drop-in counseling sessions, and facilitating annual student orientations.
- encourage students' social, emotional, and personal growth at each stage of their development and helped students maximize their potential.
- exercise knowledge of all aspects of guidance responsibilities including registration, course and program selection, education/behavior plans, class scheduling, school adjustment, truancy, test interpretation, and building effective study habits.
- attend weekly multi-disciplinary team meetings; frequent workshops, seminars, or professional meetings to remain informed of new developments in school administration.
- assist students in understanding self and developing a positive self-image, showing respect for the feelings of others, understanding the decision-making process, and maintaining effective relationships.
- enhance the impact of individual education/504 plans in collaboration with teacher by addressing discipline concerns, offering administrative support, and mediation between students involved in bullying.
- initiate efforts to foster tolerance, understanding, and appreciation of diversity in school.
southeast family ymca, everett, washington
site coordinator, 1998 c 2000
- formulated policies and procedures governing ymca y-kids site operations including curriculum design.
- strategically budgeted and managed monthly expenses to control costs and maximize use of resources.
- prepared students for later educational experiences by encouraging them to explore learning opportunities and to persevere with challenging tasks.
- collaborated with parents to ensure ymca program provided the best academic and physical activities for students.
nevada cooperative extension, reno, nevada
classified state employee/ta ii, 1992 c 1998
- provided at-risk students with strong leadership based on a genuine concern for their wellbeing; mentored students in acquiring academic success.
- generated comprehensive reports covering proof of legitimate and worthy work results; ensured timely transmission to the state of nevada.
bachelor of arts criminal justice, 1995
master of education in school counseling/esa school counselor, 2007
<<first name>> <<last name>>
<<street address, suite #>>
<<city, state zip code>>
dear <<courtesy>> <<last name>>,
with experience in academically-diverse whole class settings, i have engaged in multiple facets of counseling within urban and suburban environments over the 17+ years of my career. as a result, i am confident that my extensive background in guidance counseling, educational leadership, and teaching would bring new success to <insert name of district>.
during my career and due to the level of responsibility included in many of my past positions, it is imperative that i consistently remain actively engaged with school teachers, administrators, other counselors, and community leaders. as the holder of masters of education in school counseling and bachelor of arts in criminal justice degrees, in addition to years as the dean of students for northshore school district where i consistently nurtured students and reinforced the most fundamental of education administration concepts for students, i offer my educational and experiential expertise and i know i would contribute significantly to your organization. even as the dean of student, i continue to incorporate a constructivism philosophy of implementing various student-centered methodologies and enhancements within the counseling environment.
i utilize my past and present experiences with a variety of students; emotionally disturbed, gifted, learning disabled, and those with distinct behavior issues. i have experience in the other aspects of guidance including student registration/orientation, test administration and interpretation, special and exceptional student placement, motivational activities, study skills development, individual and group personal-social counseling.
it is my belief that students need to have clear consistent directions and follow-through. when students are sure of your expectations then they know what you want. if students think they can get away with something then they will try. however, a person does need to be flexible and allow students to enjoy the overall school experience. these attributes, and more, are what i wish to bring to your school.
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!