certified project management professional with 10+ years with solid expertise driving it and database development projects from conceptualization to actualization of deliverables. highly skilled in determining resource requirements, determining short- or long-term goals and strategies to achieve them. coordinate tactfully with other organizations or parts of the organization to accomplish goals and monitor progress and evaluates outcomes. influences, motivates, and challenges others; adapts leadership styles to a variety of situations. identify problems; determine accuracy and relevance of information; use sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
*project planning & controls
*leadership and teambuilding
*it project oversight
*it infrastructure security
*user access management
*training & development
key career accomplishments
- oversaw the program management office (pmo) for a national workforce management (wfm) implementation utilizing infor wfm software (formerly workbrain). (fedex)
- spearheaded 10 major projects which established the organization s business processes, technical systems, and infrastructure as rri was divested from its former parent company. (red roof inn)
- managed and monitored completion of 3 projects which determined best practices and standardized business processes, forms, documents and inventory controls across 6 clinics. (american institute)
- launched a sap training plan and led the creation of sap training classes and course material for all project functional areas. (holly corporation)
- formulated all polices concerning real estate, construction management, recruiting, hiring and training of store managers, marketing and sales initiatives, cost controls, procurement, budgeting, store operations, and managing vendors for 9 restaurant units. (gavin-tenley, llc)
- led efforts in opening and operating 5 stores in texas with $3.9 million in assets. (gavin-tenley, llc)
- directed the success of 55 employees and 47 subcontractor / vendor companies. (gavin-tenley, llc)
freeman company, dallas, tx 08/2008 c present
- restructured an ongoing sap project focused on increasing roi and accomplishing established business development strategies.
fedex office (formerly fedex kinkos), dallas, tx, 5/2008 - 07/2008
- given responsibility over multiple teams including functional, technical, training, testing, and qa teams; commanded efficiency in budget planning and administration, deliverables, human/capital resources, and time/budget constraints.
red roof inn, columbus, oh/dallas, tx, 1/2008 c 4/2008
- overviewed hr, payroll, benefits, direct bill, business intelligence projects while monitoring oracle financials.
american institute of gastric banding dba true results, richardson, tx, 9/2007 c 1/2008
- revealed innovative clinic models for new units and defined standard operating procedures for established clinics.
holly corporation, dallas, tx, 11/2006 c 7/2007
- headed up sap business transformation project and recognized potential for failure and revised mission to include user acceptance testing, introduce a project management office, and integrate business sponsors into project leadership roles.
- independently pinpointed 30 specifications that would have lead to disastrous results.
gavin ctenley, llc, managing partner, dallas, tx, 8/2004 c 10/2006
- launched growth strategies including acquiring appropriate funding and alliances through restaurant investment group.
- created real estate location strategy based on proven growth strategies for successful restaurant concepts and identified and procured specific restaurant locations.
deloitte consulting, manager, irving, texas, 07/2000 c 08/2004
- oversaw siebel special order initiative project and led 24 team members in the successful execution of all tasks which led to greater efficiency during the ordering, measuring, and installation processes.
- strategized to reveal ways to decrease system inadequacies across 33 teams.
constellation energy group, baltimore, md 1/2004 c 3/2004
- selected as sarbanes oxley 404 sme tasked with identifying it infrastructure strengths and weaknesses.
att wireless, bothell, wa 1/2003 c 12/2003
- handpicked by client to replace existing security manager and implemented it expertise while positioning 14-member security architecture team during siebel call center upgrade process.
defense integrated military hr systems (dmhrs), binghamton, ny, 4/2002 c 12/2002
- set up peoplesoft hr system for lockheed martin.
- provided hr, payroll, and reporting support for all branches of the us military.
bechtel, san francisco, ca, 1/2002 c 3/2002
- governed testing strategy for oracle financial systems implementation including test defect management, release management, test data management, document approval, and issue management process.
regence blue cross/blue shield, seattle, wa/portland, or/lewiston, id, 4/2001 c 12/2001
- held accountable for the success of 24 professionals in 4 distinct locations focused on delivering an enrollment and membership system which automated the proposal generation process, renewal processing, sold case processing, and medical underwriting.
relera, denver, co, 12/2000 c 3/2001
- thoroughly assessed the readiness of all internal business functions including personnel, systems, client relations, and 3rd- party interactions.
xo interactive, boulder, co, 7/2000 c 11/2000
- boosted functionality of a web-based application service provider platform incorporating mercury loadrunner as team lead of 6-member capacity assessment team, 3-member help desk team, and 6-member monitoring team.
varco systems, orange, ca, 09/1998 c 07/2000
it manager i & ii
- settled all it issues as departmental leader and responsible manager of all it operations.
- salvaged multi-millions in expenses by decreasing effect of manufacturing and shipping delays and customer refusals to pay.
- interacted with upper management and president and advised on issues affecting it functions; defined duties of newly created global it position.
- provided string leadership for multiple teams with varying duties including unix system administration, oracle database administration, oracle programming, and the engineering help desk.
- led 9-week payroll system project implementation for 3 divisions and oracle human resources for 5 divisions all within time and budget constraints.
- reduced labor costs by 48%; consistently remained at 99.5% up time and enhanced client satisfaction by 62%.
****additional experience as 1st lieutenant and 2nd lieutenant in the united states air force****
master of science, computer information systems, *distinguished graduate
st. mary s university of san antonio, texas
bachelor of arts, computer science
university of iowa, iowa city, ia
- project management professional (pmp) from project management institute (pmi)
- raving brands store manager training for moe s southwest grill (2 weeks)
- deloitte consulting c e-business certification
- deloitte consulting c mastering project management course
- training and development c university of california, irvine (1 semester)
- labor and employment law c university of california, irvine (1 semester)
- functions of hr management c university of california, irvine (1 semester)
- varco supervisor and management training (smart) (1 week)
- air force reserve officer training corps (rotc) (4 years)
- quality air force implementers course (1 week)
- air force lieutenant s professional development program (2 weeks)
- air force computer-communications officer certification (4.5 months)
- speechcraft by toastmasters international
- peoplesoft technical basic training 8.4 (2 weeks)
- peoplesoft portal solutions 8.12
- introduction to peoplesoft for human resource management systems (hrms)
- peoplesoft human resources 8.01
- mercury interactive test director
- oracle hrms systems administration release 11
- oracle 8: backup and recovery
- oracle 8: database administration
- implementing oracle human resources release 11
- oracle api implementation course for hr development c an internal oracle development class (1 week)
- oracle alerts / flexfields
- oracle advanced sql and sql*plus
- oracle designer / 2000: designing and building applications
- develop oracle applications with oracle forms i (v4)
- oracle applications system administration (smart client)
- microsoft project
- advanced unix
- progress database administration and tuning
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!