Dedicated Safety Director / Manager eager to contribute expertise in developing and implementing targeted programs as well as ensuring critical regulatory compliance toward supporting the employer in creating a physically secure and financially risk-free work environment.
Offering close to a decade of safety management experience with advanced knowledge of MSHA, OSHA, EPA and DOT rules and regulations.
Polished blend of communication, presentation, leadership, and human resources skills.
- Methodical problem solver with a solid track record of identifying hazards, assessing risks, and conducting meticulous safety inspections to ensure compliance with extensive rules and regulations.
Apply sharp attention to accuracy in performing incident and accident investigations.
Reputation for swift decision making skills, team building capabilities, and multi-tasking abilities; effectively balance competing demands.
Excel in fostering, nurturing and maintaining cohesive and collaborative relationships across the organization.
Adept at implementing Behavioral-Based Safety programs and following through with employee critical task observations.
Appreciated for significant strengths in developing company health and safety policies, procedures, and manuals, as well as facilitating broad-based training programs.
Major Drilling Inc., 2007 to 2009
U.S. Safety Manager
- Spearheaded safety programs, policies and procedures at all U.S. drilling sites, leveraging keen leadership talents to supervise three field safety coordinators in conducting daily inspections and training 250 employees spanning eight states.
- Steered consistent compliance with all federal, state, client and company safety rules and regulations, and ensured adherence to customer contract requirements, as well as training and insurance obligations.
- Conducted thorough injury/incident investigations and oversaw full-scope claims management for Workers Compensation and general liability.
- Played a pivotal role in decreasing reported injuries and incidents by 60% and claims by $1.5M.
- Navigated series of efforts to decrease company s EMR rate from 1.34 to .91.
Precision Construction Company, 2005 to 2007
- Directed complete spectrum of safety operations at surface and underground mine construction project in Southern Illinois, successfully achieving zero lost-time injuries during duration of role.
- Relied upon to conduct daily safety inspections of underground and surface facilities.
Professional Experience continued Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
- Decisively established and engineered safe work practices and educated, trained and monitored employees in job procedures to verify compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Employed considerable knowledge of underground mines to create and administer appropriate and comprehensive safety training programs.
- Investigated and documented workplace injuries, suggested preventative changes, and processed claims and insurance-related tasks.
Pittsburg Tank & Tower Construction Company, 2000 to 2005
- Inspected, supervised, and drove compliance at construction sites with particular attention to OSHA criteria, customer expectations, and company rules and regulations.
- Concurrently served as HR Coordinator and Safety Inspector, conducting regular jobsite and equipment inspections and ensuring all personnel received job-specific safety training.
- Devised and executed injury/illness prevention strategies and completed pertinent investigations at sites throughout the United States.
Pittston Coal Company, 1992 to 1999
- Proficiently operated mining machines and heavy mining equipment, constantly complying with very stringent safety rules and regulations.
- Served as active member of Mine Safety Committee, achieving excellent success in reducing and minimizing work-related injuries.
Bachelor s Degree, Occupational Health & Safety, Columbia Southern University, 2009
A.S. Degree, Occupational Health and Safety, Trinidad State College, 2004
National Mine Health and Safety Instructors Seminar Certificate
National Mine Health and Safety Mine Construction, Maintenance & Repairs Safety Workshop
OSHA 10 hr. & 30 hr. Certification
Defensive Driver Instructor Certification
MSHA (Mine Safety and Health Administration) Surface Miner Instructor
DMV Training Certification
Hair Follicle Drug Testing Certification
Certified by the ATF (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms) to handle explosives
OSHA 500 Construction Trainer
CPR/AED Professional Rescuer, First Aid and Blood Born Pathogens
Hiring Agent Name
I am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity in a Safety Management capacity and am submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
In addition to extensive experience in directing corporate safety programs, I bring to you an outstanding background in administering employee safety training, exceptional talents in conducting investigations and inspections, and impressive abilities in project leadership, steering compliance, and reducing workplace injuries and incidents. To complement these qualifications, I offer solid planning, documentation, prioritization, and communication skills which are essential as a Safety Director or Manager.
As a proactive contributor to your organization, you will find me to be a self-motivated professional and stellar leader committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through ingenuity, integrity, and exemplary dedication. I am confident that I could be a valuable asset to your company, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!