public relations executive
highly-skilled, results-oriented public relations executive with a persistent ability to increase the demand for an organization or its products. enhance the public perception and market presence with the implementation of tactical promotions, advertising, and marketing campaigns.
media relations / corporate communication / writing / editing
budget administration / program development / public relations & marketing
radio programs / on-air performances / scheduling / teambuilding
assistant vice president, public relations/communications, 05/2005 c present
euler hermes aci, owing, mills, md
- significantly enhance the efficient impact of internal/external marketing communications for the largest provider of credit insurance in north america.
- strategize strong media relations campaigns including 2,500+ published articles and broadcast/web media appearances as a member of upper-level leadership team.
- keep shareholders and partners abreast and completely aware of corporate financial activities by way of an internal publication distributed to 25k+.
- increase corporate brand awareness and intensified market presence which yielded a 40% y/y increase in applications.
- mitigate controversial publicity by instituting crisis communications plans during mass coverage cancellations in 2007 c 2008.
- study the objectives, promotional policies and needs the organization to develop public relations strategies that influence public opinion and promote ideas, products and services among targeted audience.
- oversee trade show operations, the provision of sales support, sponsorship, and corporate responsibility programs.
- engage in promoting or creating good will for organizations by selecting favorable publicity material and releasing it through various communications media in national and regional mainstream and specialized press outlets.
- interact with chief economist and chief financial officer and generate top-notch financial communications and media relations materials.
corporate public relations manager, 08/2004 c 05/2005
leo a daly, washington, dc
- developed and maintained the corporate image and identity, which includes the use of logos and signage of one of the top-10 international architecture, engineering, and design firm in the united states.
- directed public relations activities of external agencies and establishments; develop and implement communication strategies and information programs for lakeside hospital (omaha), lewis and clark national historic trail headquarters and visitor center (omaha) and the national world war ii memorial (dc).
- planned and directed development and communication of public affairs and media relations programs to maintain favorable public and stockholder perceptions of corporate accomplishments and agenda.
- evaluated and launched marketing, advertising, and promotion programs for the corporation while maintaining compatibility with public relations efforts.
director of communications, 05/2002 c 08/2004
nbfaa, silver springs, md
- directed the professional success of communications department staff and administrated communications budgets for a national non-profit association dedicated to promoting the business and residential alarm system installing industry.
- held solely responsible for the success of communications and marketing activities and secured media placements with national press outlets.
- skillfully launched results-driven marketing campaigns that significantly increased corporate partners attraction to the organization.
managing editor, 04/2000 c 05/2002
nursing spectrum, falls church, va
- interviewed and hired writers and negotiated contracts and payments for authors or freelancers; assigned topics to individual writers.
- conferred with management and editorial staff members regarding placement and emphasis of developing content.
- performed variety of editorial duties, such as laying out, indexing, and revising content of written materials, in preparation for final publication.
- allocated print space for story text, photos, and illustrations according to space parameters and copy significance, using knowledge of layout principles.
****additional experience managing editor for chesapeake publishing and operations manager / program director for emro communications / somar communications***
mass communications graduate courses
american university and university of north carolina 2000-2003
bachelor of arts in mass communications
king s college 1992
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!