Dedicated and highly analytical Junior Civil Engineer eager to contribute excellent strengths in land surveys, structural design, and civil design toward supporting a dynamic firm in meeting business goals and objectives.
Adept at preparing designs, specifications, plans, estimates, and reports for road, water, and civil infrastructure projects.
Significant problem solving, creative design, interpersonal, and communication skills; fluent in Vietnamese.
Highly versatile; able to quickly master new roles, responsibilities, technologies/software, and environments.
Engineering skills include several municipal projects involving storm water control, wastewater treatment plants, and sewer systems.
Congenial and intuitive; enjoy working with others and working cohesively toward a common goal.
Reputation for professionalism, sound judgment, and an industrious work ethic.
University of California, Berkeley
- Bachelor of Science in Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Engineer-In-Training Certificate
Awards & Honors (San Jose College):
- Robert Chang Award (for highest GPA and exemplary community service), 2003
- ESL Scholarship (for educational achievements), 2003
- Donald Conway Scholarship (for exceptional performance in Math and Physics), 2002
Luk and Associates, Hercules, CA, 2008
- Applied a sharp eye for detail and accuracy toward conducting in-depth land surveys, processing field survey data, and coordinating collaborative efforts among survey crew.
- Proficiently prepared topographic, boundary, ALTA (American Land Title Association), and as-built ALTA survey maps.
- Leveraged solid skills in civil design to contribute to street improvement projects inclusive of road alignment, grading, demolition, and earthwork quantity estimates.
- Actively participated in comprehensive storm drainage projects for sanitary sewer systems.
- Exercised keen organizational and prioritization skills to meticulously manage project documentation, verify plans, conduct field inspections and calculate cost estimates.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
HTT Engineering, Oakland, CA, 2006 to 2008
Project Engineer (2007 to 2008)
- Demonstrated an outstanding team player work ethic in conducting land surveys, gathering and recording field data, and preparing topographic, boundary survey and tentative maps.
- Diligently performed closure calculations, boundary staking, and construction staking at job site.
- Supported civil design activities related to storm drainage, sanitary sewer systems, and storm water control encompassing infiltration planters, filter box, grass swales, and hydrology calculations.
- Exhibited considerable critical thinking abilities in performing grading, preparing earthwork quantity estimates, and conducting erosion control.
- Prepared detail drawings, submittals and permits for structural design projects; generated timber structural calculations for a wide range of residential buildings and condominiums.
Project Engineer, Intern (2006)
Brought on board as an intern based on an excellent academic record and tasked with collecting land survey data, fabricating drawings for topographic survey and tentative map, and producing construction cost estimates and bid documents.
Utilized AutoCAD software to generate in-depth drawings based on explicit requests from professional engineers and standard specifications.
Teacher Assistant (Math), San Jose City College, 2003 to 2004
Math and Physic Tutor, Learning Center, San Jose City College, CA, 2002 to 2004
AutoCAD, Softdesk, Matlab, FTOOL, RISA, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)
Hiring Agent Name
I am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity in a civil engineering capacity and am submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
As indicated in the accompanying resume, I bring to you a Bachelor s Degree in Civil and Environmental Engineering, well-developed skills in taking land surveys, and solid experience in project development for roads and storm drainage systems. To complement these qualifications, I offer exemplary organizational, planning, multi-tasking, and technical skills.
As a proactive contributor to your organization, you will find me to be a highly motivated professional committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior self-initiative, unparalleled resourcefulness, and first-rate leadership attributes. I am confident that I could be a valuable asset to <insert name of organization>, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!