Skilled Makeup Artist able to achieve sales and credit solicitation goals while displaying prompt, courteous, knowledgeable and professional customer service. Present services and merchandise in a professional and proficient manner through product demonstrations. Proactively seek complete and accurate information on the features and benefits of makeup product lines. Skillfully establish and grow a personal client registry file.
Makeup Artistry / Product Knowledge / Customer Relations / Goals-Reaching / Problem-solving / Skin Care
Freelance Makeup Artist
- Set schedule for completing bridal makeup sessions and other assignments that necessitate a makeup artist.
- Alter or maintain makeup during productions as necessary to compensate for lighting changes or to achieve continuity of effect.
- Apply makeup to enhance, and/or alter the appearance of people for events or productions.
- Assess clients skin-type to ensure that make-up will not cause break-outs or skin irritations.
- Cleanse and tone the skin in order to prepare it for makeup application.
- Demonstrate products to clients, and provide instruction in makeup application.
- Provide clients/performers with makeup removal assistance after event/performance completion.
- Acquire needed supplies, including makeup, swabs, sponges, tissues, and other items.
- Select desired makeup shades from, or mix oil, grease, and coloring in order to achieve specific color effects.
Front Desk Representative, Summer 2006
New York Sports Club, Oceanside, NY
- Greeted persons entering establishment, determined nature, and purpose of visit, and directed or escorted them to specific destinations.
- Heard and resolved complaints from customers and public.
- Kept a current record of staff members' whereabouts and availability.
- Operated telephone switchboard to answer, screened and forwarded calls, providing information, taking messages and scheduling appointments.
- Processed and prepared memos, correspondence, and other documents and scheduled appointments.
- Provided information about establishment such as location of departments or offices, employees within the organization, or services provided.
2002 2005 (Summer Seasonal)
Hillel Day Camp, Cedarhurst, NY
- Conducted recreation activities with groups of 8 to 14-year-olds and organized and promoted activities, such as arts and crafts, sports, games, music, dramatics, social recreation, and hobbies, taking into account the needs and interests of individual members.
- Directed special activities or events such as day trips to ball parks, skating, batting cages, and bowling.
- Encouraged 11 to 14-year-olds to develop their own activities and leadership skills through group activities such overnight trips to amusement parks.
Pamela Taylor Makeup Academy, New York City, NY, 2009
State Certified Makeup Artist Beauty/Bridal/Photography makeup ~ facial structure, contouring, color correction, flawless application of foundation (Hydration method), complimentary colors, and eyelash application.
Bachelor of Science in Sociology w/ Honors ~ Queens College, Queens, NY, 2008 2009
Associates Degree in Liberal Arts ~ Nassau Community College, Garden City, NY, 2006 2008
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!