Dedicated Senior-Level Engineer eager to contribute extensive leadership, hardware design, and electrical engineering expertise toward supporting a dynamic employer in achieving goals and objectives.
Offering more than a decade of experience in designing, testing, and conducting failure analysis of storage products using multiple serial and parallel protocols.
Design proficiency encompasses Intel i960 processors, PPC440gx processors, Intel 80331/80332 processors, and Intel Penryn processor family.
Chosen by LSI Corporation as Inventor of the Year for RSA in 2004 and consistently recognized as a top performer by employers.
Excel in complrehensive definition, design, verification and documentation for hardware development; currently possess several U.S. patents in process.
Adept at Smart Battery design with sound knowledge of NiMH and Lithium ION Battery Packs.
Solid knowledge of bus protocols such as PCI-X, PCI-Express, SAS, SATA, i2c, DDR/DDR2, and Gigabit Ethernet.
Technical/software design expertise spans Mentor Expedition Tools, Cadence Concept Allegro, and Cadence OrCAD CIS (Component Information System).
Significant experience in ODM management within complex design environments having critical and stringent implementation schedules.
Fluent in Cantonese (Chinese), Spanish and English.
LSI Corporation, 2001 to Present
Senior Design Engineer (2003 to Present)
- Resourcefully created a Smart Battery backup pack for cache offload to effectively handle 150 Watts for 210 seconds.
- Directed team of ODM engineers in building a Network Attached Storage (NAS) Head product based on Intel-embedded processor technology, and led Hardware and Layout engineers in modifying existing designs to precisely align with NAS Head product for a single canister solution.
- Leveraged strong documentation skills to write functional specifications, test plans, and schematics modifications.
- Scheduled and facilitated design reviews between vendors and stakeholders, as well as trans-continental design meetings.
- Spearheaded design and development of Infiniband to PCI-Express host board to accompany LSI 7900 Storage System Board based on XBB2 technology deployed in many HPC customers.
- Steered initial design and development of LSI 1078 RAID on Motherboard-MegaRAID products, and prepared associated documentation such as bring-up and troubleshooting guides.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
- Collaboratively assisted several OEMs and ODMs in bring-up efforts and provided guidance in material selection for initial design guides to implement LSI MegaRAID ROMB Solutions.
- Conducted in-depth design reviews for top tier OEMs in support of their ROMB implementation,
- Innovatively fabricated an MD2 Form factor PCI-Express RAID Adapter card with either embedded memory or memory sockets, using LSI 1078 RAID on Chip processor.
Design Engineer (2001 to 2003)
- Prepared RFQs and managed design aspects of Intelligent Transportable Battery Backup Units at several top tier memory module design manufacturers and battery assembly houses.
- Proficiently wrote initial reference schematics for ODM design, design test plans, and manufacturing test plans executed at individual design facilities.
- Applied sharp organizational skills toward creating RFQs and overseeing design elements of Smart Battery Packs for RAID Adapter Cards as well as ROMB implementations sold to OEMs.
- Meticulously conducted comprehensive failure analysis on in-field RAID adapters for multiple OEMs vital to implementing corrective action and achieving quality criteria.
- Actively contributed to white paper development for ROMB implementations.
AMI Incorporated, Norcross, Georgia, 1997 to 2001
Junior Hardware Engineer
- Demonstrated keen attention to detail and accuracy in executing test plans for SCSI RAID products.
- Analyzed and verified signal integrity via Mentor Quad XTK.
- Played an active role in conducting failure analysis for prototype products at top tier OEMs.
Prior background includes military service with the United States Marine Corps, 1993 to 2001.
Bachelor of Electrical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, 1997
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
Hiring Agent Name
I am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity in a <insert job title/name of position> capacity and am submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
In addition to a considerable hardware design engineering background, I bring to you proven strengths in project management, team leadership, troubleshooting, and full-scope technology product development. To complement these qualifications, I offer exemplary critical thinking, planning, organizational, interpersonal, and quality assurance expertise.
As a proactive contributor to your organization, you will find me to be a highly motivated professional and stellar leader committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior self-initiative and unparalleled prioritization skills. I am confident that I could be a valuable asset to <insert name of organization>, and will call you later in the week to see if we can schedule a time to meet.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!