Dedicated Social Worker eager to contribute excellent assessment skills, interpersonal skills, and counseling expertise toward supporting the employer in meeting defined goals and objectives.
Able to leverage solid knowledge of community resources, case management proficiency, and relationship-building expertise to assist clients with barriers to well-being in accessing available programs, services, and sources of assistance.
Maximize positive outcomes by establishing linkages for clients with community agencies and resources, driving health promotion, serving as an advocate, and fostering cohesive and cooperative relationships.
Excel in conducting assessments and assisting clients from diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds including those suffering from substance abuse and mental health problems.
Equally effective working autonomously as well as within a collaborative environment using a multidisciplinary approach.
Incisive, methodical, and adept at one-on-one counseling, group facilitation, and associated administrative tasks such as record-keeping and report preparation.
- Proven skills in coaching, inspiring and empowering individuals to improve coping skills and achieve self-reliance.
Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU), Richmond, VA:
Master of Social Work, 2009
Certificate in School Social Work, 2009
Bachelor of Science in Psychology, 2005
St. Joseph s Villa for Children, Richmond, VA, 2008 to Present
Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP) / Behavior Specialist, Day Treatment Afterschool
- Supervise and support counselors in effectively serving clients and play an active role in developing and implementing therapeutic plans and approaches for children and families.
- Meticulously maintain case files, quarterly reports and Individualized Service Plans to ensure compliance with Medicaid criteria.
Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP) / Day Treatment Counselor, School-based
- Supported children diagnosed with mental health issues by creating and administering structured treatment program with an emphasis in behavior management and coping skills.
- Demonstrated exemplary patience, interpersonal skills, and communication skills in teaching children essential social skills.
- Appreciated for maintaining accurate and up-to-date client documentation.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
Rubicon Women & Children s Treatment Center, Richmond, VA, 2009
Substance Abuse Counselor / Intern
- Leveraged exceptional critical thinking abilities to conduct biopsychosocial assessments of substance-abusing mothers, formulate appropriate treatment plans, and complete monthly reviews to determine progress and barriers to recovery.
- Contributed extensively to case management functions and facilitated parenting groups in a residential setting.
- Partnered with other counselors and treatment team members to optimize client services and support.
John Marshall High School, Richmond, VA, 2007 to 2008
School Social Worker / Intern
- Proactively participated in School Attendance Support Team meetings dealing with truant students and served on Child Study Committee to evaluate students for special-needs services.
- Conducted comprehensive social histories to evaluate eligibility for special-needs services while diligently maintaining individual case files.
Tuckaway Child Development Center, Richmond, VA, 2006 to 2008
Orchestrated broad-based educational activities such as games, arts and crafts, music, physical education and storytelling to promote physical, mental, and social development.
- Collaborated with parents/guardians, teachers, counselors and administrators for swift resolution of behavioral issues or concerns.
Friends Association for Children, Richmond, VA, 2005
Social Worker / Intern
- Applied strong administrative and organizational skills toward completing intake process for applicants from low-income and high-risk socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Responded to inquiries from parents regarding childcare services and available youth programs.
- Maintained up-to-date health and social history information for enrolled participants.
Squire Day Camp, Dobbs Ferry, NY, 2001 to 2002
Summer Guidance Counselor
- Established a safe and nurturing environment for young women aged 11 to 13 to support and enhance social development/growth, self-esteem, and confidence.
- Instructed, motivated and guided camp participants in a wide range of physical, creative, and educational activities.
Office Assistant, Arbor Landing Homeowners Association, Chester, VA, 2005 to 2006
Photo Lab Technician, Qualex, Richmond, VA, 2004 to 2005
Data Researcher, VCU Research and Evaluation Laboratory, Richmond, VA, 2002 to 2003
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!