proven management & sales manager with 10+ years experience in sales management, efficient in creating and maintaining a positive flow of work by utilizing what resources and facilities are available. outstanding blend of expertise in staff leadership, communication, creative problem solving, and driving projects to meet strict timelines. excels at managing employees, fusing resources. adeptly resolves complex situations and deploys business instinct to present logical plans then delegates effectively, remains committed to outcome, and embraces flexible ways to achieve goals.
personnel management / business development / product knowledge / customer service
project management / budget administration / sales management
teambuilding / results-oriented leadership
technical competencies: microsoft windows, visio microsoft office suite, word, excel, access and powerpoint, and the internet and system networking; computer aided design (cad) software such as wrightsoft hvac design.
general manager, 2008 c present
4 seasons heating & air, west end, nc
- plan, direct, or coordinate the business activities; execute duties and responsibilities including formulating policies, managing daily operations, and planning the use of materials and human resources.
- determine services to be sold based on forecasts of customer demand for the services provided by this multi-million dollar heating and air conditioning company.
- perform technical functions including the design and development of hvac systems, low velocity duct systems, and complete load calculations and takeoffs by implementing knowledge of cad applications.
- assess and explore the benefit of bids and proposal submitted for prospective construction projects.
sales manager, 2005 c 2007
4 seasons heating and air, west end, nc
- directed the success of personnel engaged in project completion and remained accessible to clients as a liaison between them and the company owner.
- advised clients and internal staff on the processes and procedures utilized during project completion and received advice on how to increase efficiency.
- established and implemented departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures covering heating/air system replacement and duct design by way of cad applications.
- monitored sales staff to ensure that they efficiently and effectively provide needed services while staying within budgetary limits and meeting sales objectives constantly.
- reviewed financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- completed blueprint takeoffs for computerized load calculations for construction bids.
page 1 of 1
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy | page 2 of 2
store manager, 2004 c 2005
lowe s home centers, store 538, southern pines, nc
- directly supervise 200 sales workers in a retail establishment and complete functions such as inventory management, shrinkage, payroll management, expenditures, in addition to supervisory duties.
- administrated a sales budget of $40 million and recognized a net income before taxes equaling $9mm.
- conferred with company officials to develop methods and procedures to increase sales, expand markets, and promote business.
- directed and supervised employees engaged in sales, inventory-taking, reconciling cash receipts, or in performing services for customers.
- examined merchandise to ensure that it is correctly priced and displayed and that it functions as advertised.
- hired, trained, and evaluated personnel in sales or marketing establishments, promoting or firing workers when appropriate.
- reviewed inventory and sales records to prepare reports for management and budget departments.
operations manager, 2003 c 2004
lowe s home centers, stores 449 - asheboro, nc, 576 - durham, nc and 426 - cary, nc
- consistently optimized revenue and reduce expenditures which recognized a noticeable leap in profitability.
- captured sales and continued to direct the level of efficiency utilized by in store staff.
wilkes community college, wilkesboro, nc - 39 semester hours, 1992, 1997
airman leadership school, 1997, us air force
store manager training program, 2004 lowe s home centers, raleigh, nc
north carolina hvac contractor's license, heating group 3, class i
- weather observer, united states air force, 1992 c 1996
- weather observer, north carolina air national guard, 1996 c 1998
april 15, 2011
<<first name>> <<last name>>
<<street address, suite #>>
<<city, state zip code>>
dear <<courtesy>> <<last name>>,
it is with great confidence that i offer my management experience and strong ability in sales and project management to your organization. as i pursue the <<position title>> within <<company name>>, i recognize that my credentials and experience would greatly assist in reaching future goals and objectives.
my professional experience, especially as a general manager, sales manager and store manager is the basis for my confidence that i would be a valuable asset to your organization. my career history consists of vast experience in overseeing operations and being accountable for reconciling the interests of all associated parties. i consistently communicate the project vision to the internal members of the organization so that everyone understands their role in achieving these goals, ensuring that the action steps are taken to ensure that benchmarks are met during daily progress. thereafter, i consistently prepare recommendations for improvements, controls, new methods, and other changes to improve the efficiency of operations.
during my career, i ve gained notable experience leading and training other employees in the appropriate procedures related to the overall facilities development process. my professional background also includes a proven expertise in interpreting complex rules and regulations, and effectively communicating with other members of upper management and personnel, verbally and in writing. my skill set includes the ability to produce accurate and timely analysis at both the strategic and tactical levels and apply informed, objective judgment to reach a solution. i am well able to work both independently and as part of a team and as a resourceful professional, i remain flexible and able to adapt to changing circumstances in fast-paced environment.
my aptitude for evaluating complex problems and reviewing related information to develop viable solutions would be of great use to your organization. i welcome more discussion about how my skills can help in meeting the goals and objective of your organization. until then, should you have any additional questions feel free to contact me at your convenience.
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!