accomplished scholar with knowledge of business management. dynamic communicator and persuasive speaker, able to forge meaningful associations with clients, colleagues, and management. demonstrated talent for developing and implementing plans that successfully meet the operational objectives of the organization. technical competencies: microsoft word, excel, access, and powerpoint
sales; hospitality; statistics; finance; human resources; management; and accounting
eastern washington university, cheney, washington
bachelor of arts in business management, 09/2006 c present (expected graduation 06/2010)
- dean's list c 2006 / 3.2 gpa
- relevant courses: statistics; finance; human resources; management; and accounting
red lobster, yakima & spokane, wa
server, 01/2006 c present
check patrons' identification to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages. inform customers of daily specials, take orders from patrons for food or beverages and write patrons' food orders on order slips or memorize orders, to enter orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff.
- interact with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- serve food or beverages to patrons, and prepare or serve specialty dishes at tables as required.
- prepare checks that itemize meal costs and sales taxes and collect payments from customers.
- remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters, and take them to kitchen for cleaning.
- present menus to patrons and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request.
first line, san antonio, tx
advertising director, 02/2007 c 09/2007
called on prospective home/business customers provided by company-generated leads and various types of self-generated leads. meet individual and contribute toward departmental sales goals and minimum standards. present a professional image of the company to current and potential customers.
- identified prospective customers by following leads from existing customers and door knocking.
- provide presentation/demonstration of security systems monitoring products and services.
- answer customers' questions about products, prices, uses, and credit/payment requirements.
- schedule customers for installation of equipment, complete all necessary contractual paperwork and provide post-installation follow-up communication.
member, gamma phi beta women's sorority, 2006
~ community events / intramural sports / fundraisers
social chair, 2008
~ food collection / turkey drives
<<first name>> <<last name>>
<<street address, suite #>>
<<city, state zip code>>
dear <<courtesy>> <<last name>>,
it is with great confidence that i offer my years of experience in client-focused, service-oriented environments toward supporting the goals of your organization. to acquaint you with my key qualifications, i am submitting my resume for review; in advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
experience in food service and client relations is the basis for my confidence that i would be a valuable asset to your organization. i consistently represent the employer in a positive manner in interfacing with broad populations within diverse settings spanning upscale restaurants and high-volume sales positions. complementing this, i possess dynamic strategic planning, prioritization and organization skills as well as a strong attention to detail, all crucial to maximizing productivity and meeting critical timelines while maintaining high quality standards. additionally, i am a solutions-focused problem solver with a talent for quickly addressing and resolving issues to ensure optimal client satisfaction levels.
as a team member, you will find me to be a customer-focused, highly organized professional committed to supporting your success. i welcome more discussion about how my skills can help in meeting the goals and objective of your organization. until then, should you have any additional questions feel free to contact me at your convenience.
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!