ambitious professional with a proven track record of success and progressive public relations, project management, news correspondence, camera use/editing, and client relations. skilled in deductive reasoning, conflict resolution, negotiation, problem sensitivity, and sound decision making. possess exceptional organizational and interpersonal attributes and a proven determination to succeed. exhibit dynamic follow-through, astute professionalism, and a stellar work ethic. strong passion for providing infectious enthusiasm, provoking others to reach for the next level of success. consistently create lasting relationships with people from diverse cultures and professional backgrounds. interact with a network of cross-functional professionals to achieve maximum motivation, collaboration, and efficacy.
01/2005 c present
florida a&m university
major: public relations / minor: spanish language
expected graduation date: december 2010
completed camera editing training, 10/2007 c 12/2007
learned proper editing techniques; recorded a newscast on the lack of appreciation for the florida a&m university black archives museum by students, and edited newscast with final cut pro.
prodigy public relations firm, tallahassee, florida, 08/2007 c present
- promote and advertise events using a variety of marketing methods including flyers, radio, billboards, and media kits.
- head up the 2007 famu vs. bcu florida classic which required defining methods of increasing demand and interest of alumni and students in attending the annual florida classic-citrus bowl football game between bcu and famu.
famuan, university newspaper, 01/2008 c present
- arrange interviews with people who can provide information about a particular story; checked reference materials such as books, news files, and public records in order to obtain relevant facts.
- determine a story's emphasis, length, and format, and organized material accordingly.
- develop ideas and material for columns or commentaries by analyzing and interpreting news, current issues, and personal experiences.
- discuss issues with editors in order to establish priorities and positions.
- research and analyze background information related to stories in order to provide complete and accurate information.
page 1 of 2
assistant public relations manager
famu gospel choir, 08/2005 c 04/2006
- planned public relations programs designed to create and maintain a favorable public image of famu gospel choir; plan and direct activities to solicit attendance for special events.
- developed interesting and effective press releases, prepare information for media kits, fliers, billboards, and radio advertisements; develop and maintain the choir's image and identity, which includes the use of logos and signage.
- established and maintained effective working relationships with local newspapers, radio stations, and magazines to secure highest attendance for homecoming concert over previous 6 years.
- evaluated advertising and promotion programs for compatibility with public relations efforts departments for guest artists including kim burrell and donald lawrence.
merchandise & customer assistance associate
sears roebuck & company, burlington nj (seasonal), 08/2004 c 01/2005 & 05/2006 c 08/2006
- computed sales prices, total purchases and receive and process cash or credit payment.
- described merchandise and explain use, operation, and care of merchandise to customers.
- estimated quantity and cost of merchandise required, such as paint or floor covering.
- maintained knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices.
- opened and closed cash registers, performing tasks such as counting money, separating charge slips, coupons, and vouchers, balancing cash drawers, and making deposits.
camp adventure youth services, landstuhl germany, 06/2008 c 08/2008
- organized and promoted activities for children ages 6-12, such as arts and crafts, sports, games, music, dramatics, social recreation, camping, and hobbies, taking into account the needs and interests of individual participants.
- ascertained and interpreted group interests, evaluated equipment and facilities, and adapt activities to meet participant needs during a 5-day/40-hour week.
- directed special activities or events such as aquatics, gymnastics, or performing arts.
- enforced rules and regulations of recreational facilities to maintain discipline and ensure safety.
group travel coordinator
spring break 2008 caribbean cruise, spring 2008
- determined destination, transportation, travel dates, costs, and accommodations required.
- booked cruise ship travel for 15 passengers after conversing with customers to determine destination, financial considerations, and accommodations required.
- developed an information packet that listed cruise costs, ship information, boarding requirements, immunization requirements, cruise poll, & payment log.
- planned, described, arranged, and sold itinerary tour packages and promotional travel incentives offered by various travel carriers.
- provided customer with brochures and publications containing travel information, such as local customs, points of interest, or foreign country regulations.
prssa (public relations student society of america)
s.i.s.t.u.h.s incorporated (community service organization)
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!