Incisive MBA Candidate eager to contribute exceptional analytical, strategic planning
and business management expertise toward supporting a leading management consulting firm
in optimizing bottom-line performance.
Broad-scope professional background spans business start-ups, management consulting, marketing, and trading/investing, illustrating proven capabilities in quickly adapting to new roles, responsibilities, and environments.
Strong acumen in investment analysis and portfolio management.
Excellent abilities in using financial and statistical software to execute business decisions related to strategy, operations, finance, and technology.
Exemplary research, critical thinking, forecasting, financial, and communication skills.
Able to develop and employ vast range of analytical tools and approaches to optimize the complete investment process.
Reputation as a highly structured, deadline-focused, methodical, and systematic professional.
Substantial operations and personnel leadership experience; equally effective as a collaborative team player.
Able to evaluate and solve complex and challenging business problems to create sustainable value for clients while achieving a positive and lasting impact.
Master of Business Administration Candidate
University of Michigan, Ross School of Business, Ann Arbor, MI
Bachelor of Science in Economics, Management Concentration
University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, Philadelphia, PA, 2001
Catalyst Value Fund, Catalyst Mutual Funds, 2006 to Present
Co-Founder / Portfolio Manager
- Resourcefully devised and implemented quantitative screening methodology for identifying stocks with high combined levels of return on invested capital and free cash flow yield.
- Research and uncover companies meeting criteria via conference calls, reviewing 10-Q reports, and industry due diligence.
- Actively participate in calls between internal wholesalers and financial advisors, stock brokers, and asset allocators.
- Drive continuous business growth by formulating and launching marketing and public relations campaigns, and authorizing media buys with ad networks.
- Cultivate, nurture and maintain cooperative relationships with investors and financial advisors, crucial to optimizing portfolio management.
David Miller C Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
Joda Media Inc, Inc., 2005 to 2010
Founder / CEO
- Conceptualized, established and operated nutraceuticals company which rapidly penetrated and secured major market share.
- Assembled and managed team of 18 employees spanning offices in Michigan, India, and Florida.
- Successfully grew business from ground up to $7M in annual revenue with exceptional margins.
Moviedaze Media Group, Inc. 2003 to 2005
Founder / CEO
- Exhibited outstanding entrepreneurial talents in creating and orchestrating interactive advertising campaigns for internet ad companies..
- Proficiently grew business to produce $1.4M in monthly revenues with 35% net profit margins; sold for profit after less than two years.
- Hired, developed, motivated and managed high quality team of 25 employees.
UBS, 2001 to 2002
Equity Derivatives Trader
- Diligently monitored and managed delta hedging of firm s equity derivatives exposure.
- Decisively determined pricing of OTC derivatives for corporate clients and hedge funds.
- Applied sharp attention to detail toward conducting clients derivatives valuations.
- Provided critical support to traders during market making.
- Provided consultative guidance during acquisition of Bidcentives, Inc. to facilitate seamless management transition, vital to optimizing business continuity and steady revenue growth.
- Strategically cultivated affiliate marketing relationships with Columbia House and BMG.
- Merged strong communication and interpersonal skills to consult with clients regarding internet media buying process.
Bidcentives, Inc., 2000 to 2001
Founder / CEO
- Launched CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software development company servicing mid-market internet retailers; displayed outstanding talents in driving business development and sales.
- Solicited and raised $250K in capital from Benaroya Holdings private equity firm.
- Expertly planned, coordinated and completed sale of company to New York-based media firm.
Munder Capital Management, 1999
- Teamed with portfolio managers to update shareholders and author accurate portfolio descriptions.
- Edited Munder.com website in precise alignment with SEC requirements and to achieve accurate NAV reporting.
- Partnered with in-house marketing department to analyze, enhance, and effectively optimize website s visual appeal and user-friendliness.
Hiring Agent Name
I am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity in a <insert job title/position> capacity and am submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
As indicated in the accompanying resume, I offer a seasoned background in spearheading business start-ups, proficiency in portfolio management and consulting, and polished experience in market research, investment analysis and planning, client relations, and compliance. To complement these qualifications, I excel in analyzing and anticipating economic and market trends and devising strategies to propel revenue growth for companies in a broad range of industries.
As a proactive member of your firm, you will find me to be an innovative and solutions-driven professional committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior performance, experience, and leadership. I am confident that I could be a valuable asset to your company, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
I would like to thank you for providing me the opportunity to interview with you and discuss the exciting (TITLE OF POSITION APPLYING FOR) position currently available with your company. Having gained a deeper insight into the job requirements and your objectives, I am confident you will find me a valuable asset in achieving your goals.
As discussed, I am an enthusiastic, disciplined team player eager to launch a successful career as a dedicated member of your staff. I believe you will find my dynamic (LIST A FEW SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS RELEVANT TO THE POSITION) skills vital to your operations and look forward to contributing to your success.
Should you have any additional questions, or to discuss future employment opportunities, please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience. Again, thank you for the enlightening interview. I look forward to your response.
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!