Dedicated and technically-astute Analyst eager to contribute excellent project management,
team leadership, and quality assurance expertise toward supporting a dynamic company in achieving business and technology goals.
Strong experience in both automated and manual software testing, preparing detailed instructions for enhancements and bugs, defect tracking and troubleshooting, and rapid issue resolution.
Highly skilled in analyzing, creating and implementing test plans, cases, scenarios, and scripts; advanced skills in UAT (user acceptance testing).
Drive software development and testing initiatives with a constant focus on optimizing performance, reliability, scalability, usability, security and compliance.
Significant leadership, decision-making, documentation, and problem solving abilities.
Proven strengths in leading teams to complete initiatives within defined budgets and rigid schedules.
Extremely versatile; easily adapt to new roles, responsibilities, technologies and environments.
Outstanding capabilities in scrutinizing and diagnosing complex technical errors and issues.
The Beer Store 2009 to Present
Precisely define business requirements, produce detailed functional specifications, and manage scope for new or enhanced business systems.
Assist QA personnel in development and implementation of plans to validate processes during system development and QA testing.
Oversee user documentation, instructions, procedures, training documentation and workflows.
Partner with developers in build phase including functional requirements walkthroughs.
Closely cooperate with Project Manager in planning and devising project timelines.
Adeptly lead project team in determining business requirements and translating requirements into operational plans.
HP Enterprise Services (formerly EDS, an HP Company) 2004 to 2009
Information Analyst (2006 to 2009)
- Employed well-developed critical thinking abilities to analyze technology proposals and testing solutions for incidents or change requests related to various modules such as Workforce Administration, Payroll, and Benefits Administration.
- Conducted SIT and/or UAT to ensure deadline adherence and verify solutions met client requirements in terms of functionality, usability, and interface with other applications.
- Performed conformance and regression testing to optimize system integrity and stability.
- Improved SIT estimate template and instituted processes to eliminate incidents caused by inadequate testing.
Functional Analyst / Systems Integration Testing Lead (2008 to 2009)
- Played major role in Galileo-PeopleSoft 9.0 Upgrade by performing functional testing, system integration testing, parallel testing, and cutover and post-implementation support for Payroll and HR.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience (HP) continued ...
- Directed and mentored three testers in system integration testing cycles related to Payroll.
- Assembled detailed test cases and created/maintained test scripts for each project phase.
- Executed test scripts, logged defects, and reported progress to Testing Manager.
- Extensively contributed to parallel and cutover testing covering HR transactions and tables as well as data conversion validation process for Go Live implementation.
Human Resources Analyst (2004 to 2006)
- Leveraged exceptional organizational skills to process complex payroll featuring monthly, semi-monthly, and bi-weekly pay frequencies, several employee types (salaried, hourly, commission, unionized) and spearhead across all provinces.
- Steered Remedy improvement project to increase efficiency and accuracy of client request tracking; successfully doubled monthly billing in dollars for exception transactions.
Ajax Precision Mfg. Ltd. 2000 to 2003
- Prepared comprehensive financial and budgeting statements including analysis reports and charts, facilitated banking transactions, and generated banking reports.
- Championed deployment of highly secure automated MICR laser cheque printing process to decrease occurrence of fraud.
- Renegotiated contracts to reduce costs for computer hardware purchases, cell phones, 407ETR and other expenses.
- Automated A/P and A/R functions to expedite reporting and increase accuracy.
IT Analyst / Training and Development / Payroll Support
- Proficiently delivered end-user support, procured software and hardware, and continually explored and identified new technology to fortify IT environment.
- Spearheaded analysis of broad-scope projects from requirements documentation, costing and proposals, to seamless implementation.
- Led deployment of bar code labelling system to meticulously track finished goods inventory at three automotive manufacturing plants.
- Developed project schedules, oversaw change migrations, and performed UAT, SIT and Performance testing.
- Sourced scanning equipment, managed configuration, designed training manuals, and conducted training sessions for groups of up to 10 employees.
Prior Background: General Accountant, Rea International Inc., 1997 to 2000
Technical courses/training: Developing SQL Queries for SQL Server, Introduction to SQL, SharePoint for End Users, PM for IT Professionals
Accounting Diploma (Honours); Human Resources Diploma (Honours) C Humber College
Microsoft Office Suite, WinSQL, PeopleSoft 8.3/9.0, UltraEdit, SharePoint, BMC Remedy, Crystal Report Writer, CMS, JD Edwards World, IBM AS400, Ceridian Payroll, WS_FTP Pro, Beyond Compare
Interviewer s Name
It was a pleasure (speaking with you/meeting with you) on [insert date here]. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the time you spent with me, as well as to express my appreciation for the information you offered. I am still very interested in the <insert job> position, and I am convinced that it is the right job for me. I feel my extensive background and qualifications prepare me well for the responsibilities we discussed.
The position as you described it to me would combine my strong skills in [insert two skills or qualities here]. This would allow me to make the same valuable contribution to your organization as I ve made to my past employers a win-win proposition for both of us.
(Choose one of the two paragraphs below, depending on whether or not you have, or have not yet, interviewed with the person)
(I am eager to meet with you in person to further discuss my background and qualifications. Please feel free to contact me at the above phone number so we can continue the discussion we began over the telephone.)
(Again, thank you for considering my qualifications. I enjoyed our talk, and am available at any time to provide you with any more information you may need. I look forward to hearing your decision.)
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!