Senior-Level Healthcare Executive offering significant background in hospital operations leadership, outpatient coding, utilization review, quality assurance, and compliance. Leverage exemplary team-building expertise approach to strengthen organizational culture, cohesiveness and accountability, paramount to achieving mission, vision, and values. Proficiency in program administration, project management, and electronic medical records (EMR) system implementation. Outstanding problem solving and critical thinking abilities; able to accurately interpret and analyze complex industry-specific data and reports. Solid abilities in driving measurable quality improvements, efficient delivery of care, and ethical standards compliance. Advanced knowledge of healthcare compliance including state and federal regulations. Stellar leader capable of motivating, inspiring, and managing others through influence, congeniality, and collaboration.
Castro County Hospital District, Dimmitt, Texas, 1973 to Present
Chief Operating Officer
Chargemaster / Outpatient Coding Director
Quality, Ethics and Compliance Officer
Clinical Electronic Medical Record Director
- Steadily advanced through a series of promotions based on proven performance, dedication, loyalty, work ethic, and commitment to continuous learning and growth.
- Currently fulfill several concurrent roles with a focus on planning, directing, evaluating and supervising daily operations of patient care ancillary departments.
- Proactively gather, compile and present crucial data to CEO for use in planning, decision-making, patient care assessments, budget administration, and implementing operational improvements.
- Spearhead Quality, Ethics and Compliance Program and relied upon to monitor and validate district Chargemaster activities and associated HCPCS (Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System).
- Apply significant leadership and organizational strengths toward orchestrating and supervising seamless implementation and ongoing maintenance of EMR system and software.
- Resourcefully established and introduced Balanced Scorecard Framework to track, assess and report quality and compliance data, vital to optimizing vision, growth, fiscal stability, and strategy.
- Educated department managers in use of performance metrics and dashboard reporting via targets and benchmarks.
- Previous roles included Registered Nurse, Floor Supervisor, Director of Nursing, Nursing Instructor (Amarillo College, Dimmitt Branch), and Utilization Management Director.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Texas Christian University, Fort Worth, Texas; Magna Cum Laude
Registered Nurse, State of Texas Certified Professional Coder
Certified Professional Hospital Coder Certified Medical Coder
PMCC Coding Instructor Advanced Cardiac Life Support
Certified Healthcare Compliance Professional
American Academy of Professional Coders Health Care Compliance Association
Practice Management Institute Dimmitt Chamber of Commerce
Texas Association for Healthcare Quality
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!