yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
0000 xxxxxx xxxx , xxxx , xxxxx 00000
cell: ( xxx-xxx-xxxx
~ resourceful, dedicated and accomplished distribution manager eager to contribute 15+ years of experience as well as dynamic organizational, planning and leadership expertise toward supporting the employer in optimizing bottom-line performance. ~
recruit, hire, train, motivate, manage and inspire personnel to exhibit productivity and service excellence; consistently emphasize fostering and maintaining strong customer relationships. proficient in distribution management for large, mid-size and small facilities. exemplary blend of analytical, forecasting, planning, human relations, and communication skills. excel in spearheading operations inclusive of implementing state-of-the-art automation and sortation systems, managing budgets, and leading cross-functional teams on key projects. successfully designed new distribution facility from start to finish.
distribution manager c saint joseph s hospital of atlanta, atlanta, ga, 2005 to present
distribution manager c boise cascade, atlanta., ga, 2002 to 2005
distribution center manager c r&b inc./ dorman and atlantic pacific automotive, 1984 to 2002
- created and introduced jit process that virtually eradicated stocked inventory and eliminated need for 40,000 sq.ft. offsite warehouse.
- achieved 99% inventory accuracy and a 98% customer fill rate by initiating meticulous receiving and put away controls, launching a perpetual inventory system, and implementing rf technology.
- championed process which captured $250,000 in annual linen savings.
- applied exceptional talents in cost control to save boise cascade $900k by reducing $4.5m budget 20%, while measurably improving performance.
- won chairman s award at boise cascade for perfect safety (first ever at location) after leading team to maintain 0% incident rate during tenure.
- significantly elevated operational efficiency and effectiveness at boise by boosting fill rate from 93% to 97%, drastically decreasing cycle count delinquencies from 48% to 0%, and enhancing inventory accuracy from 92% to 99.9%.
streamlined distribution via fully automated, three-tier mezzanine picking module and rt wms operating system which virtually eliminated order backlog, reducing from 14 days to 24 hours.
tenaciously identified $560k in cost savings by eliminating need for 140,000 sq. ft. of outside storage space through cube utilization.
decreased annual labor expenses $436k by increasing lines picked per hour per employee from 40 to 75 in less than three months and reducing staff base by 25%.
demonstrated polished management acumen in directing operations at five offsite facilities comprised of 315 employees; expeditiously oversaw processing of 200+ orders daily.
samuel stover ~ page 2 of 2
elevated productivity by increasing lines picked per hour per employee from 35 to 115, while reducing workforce nearly 50% (from 200 to 110) in first 180 days.
saved $70k through proficiency in budget administration and reduced footprint by consolidating five facilities into three.
steadily advanced through series of promotions and transformed lowest-ranking site into company s top performing distribution center within 90 days.
selected as project manager for design, layout, set-up and staffing of new 500,000 sq. ft. memphis distribution center.
education, training & certifications
bachelor of science degree, business administration, concordia university, 1999
certificate, american management association, 1995
certificate, project management, pennsylvania state university, 1992
sarbanes oxley training, 2004
pyxis supply management training
osha vpp (voluntary protection program) and werc (warehouse education and research council)
ahrmm (association for healthcare resource & materials management)
microsoft office suite; rf technology; wms; automation; conveyor and sortation systems
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!