Corporate Development Executive eager to contribute extensive talents in
contracts management toward supporting a progressive organization in achieving
business goals and objectives.
Significant strengths and success in commercial contracts management, corporate maintenance, mergers and acquisitions, human resources management, litigation, and intellectual property.
Excel in negotiating, developing and drafting all types of technology and services agreements.
Adept at managing due diligence for mergers, acquisitions and loan facilities on a worldwide scale.
Considerable expertise in budget analysis and administration, steering corporate and legal compliance, and overseeing litigation activities.
Autonomous and perceptive with an excellent reputation for sound judgment, problem solving abilities, and innovative thinking skills.
Display a collaborative work approach, adaptability, decisiveness, and initiative.
Well-versed in interpreting and drafting complex legal documents, assessing risk, negotiating agreements and resolutions, and communicating multifaceted legal concepts and arguments in a clear and convincing manner.
Computer skills include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), and Lotus Notes.
Torex Retail Holdings Limited, Dunstable, England, United Kingdom, 2007 to Present
Manager of Corporate Development & Legal Advisor
- Strategically analyze, draft and negotiate contracts for professional services, software licensing and support, equipment, etc. as well as non-disclosure, teaming and marketing agreements.
- Provide critical legal advice and guidance to executive management regarding contract commitments and associated risks.
- Clearly define contract standards including alternate fallback terms and conditions.
- Enforce statutory compliance and governance oversight of corporate entities worldwide.
- Administer company s stock option plan, assemble stock option agreements and maintain stock ledgers worldwide.
- Seamlessly orchestrate, expedite and support mergers and acquisitions via review and preparation of all closing and compliance documents including domestic and foreign anti-trust filings and leading due diligence review process.
- Execute post-closing integration activities such as transition of employees and intellectual property, updating of corporate books and records, and transition of commercial/legal matters.
- Coordinate broad-scope human resources activities encompassing offer letters, compensation plans, and contractor agreements.
- Provide successful case management for commercial litigation and labor matters in North America, Latin America and Asia Pacific.
- Managed intellectual property (IP) by reviewing product lines and commercial mandates to develop, implement and ensure trademark, patent, and copyright coverage, managing registered IP docket, and approving marketing literature and company website to ensure protection of IP.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy C Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
Junction Solutions, Inc., Lincolnshire, IL, 2006 to 2007
Manager of Corporate Development (Consultant)
- Headed contract oversight, management and development, expertly negotiating terms and conditions with customers, vendors, and third-party distributors.
- Facilitated corporate development and compliance, drafted legal documentation and company reports, administered company s stock option plan, and held legal administrative accountability including case management for all commercial litigation and labor matters.
- Effectively directed human resources operations by managing department personnel, creating offer letters, assembling compensation plans, and conducting performance reviews and exit interviews.
- Critically evaluated, processed and managed all US immigrant and nonimmigrant visa petitions.
Infor Global Solutions, Inc. (fka SSA Global Technologies, Inc.), Chicago, IL, 2004 to 2006
Senior Legal Specialist C Global Operations
- Provided worldwide business and legal support to 300+ subsidiaries, exhibiting proficiency in contract administration, corporate and regulatory compliance, and litigation.
- Teamed with sales executives and attorneys to develop, implement and maintain standard licensing agreements, and trained sales force in standard contract process.
- Played an integral role in IPO process with accountability for steering SOX compliance, and reviewing and collaboratively drafting SEC filings including 10K, 10Q, 8K, Forms 3 and 4.
- Meticulously drafted Board and Shareholder minutes/resolutions, board agreements, and other legal forms.
- Directed, motivated, and monitored geographically dispersed paralegals and legal secretaries.
- Adeptly performed case management for commercial litigation and labor matters including discovery efforts.
- Tracked, analyzed and reported projected and incurred legal fees quarterly.
- Prepared entity and corporate licensing application filings, renewals, subsequent documentation and information requests
Columbia College, Chicago, IL, 1999 to 2004
- Provided instruction in applications such as Microsoft Office Suite and FileMaker Pro.
Oracle Corporation, Chicago, IL, 1999 to 2003
Oracle University Training Manager
- Contributed significant technical acumen toward troubleshooting classroom PCs, Cybex transmitters and receivers and Snap drives, while optimizing customer service for 2,700 students per quarter.
- Resourcefully developed online support guide for instructors as well as classroom statistics database.
- Trained, coached, motivated and supported new hires for U.S. and Canada.
Bachelor of Science, Interactive Multimedia ~ Concentration In Software Application Design
Columbia College, Chicago, IL, 1999
Certified Commercial Contracts Manager (CCCM) in progress
Paralegal Certificate, Specializing in intellectual property, corporations and commercial transactions
Loyola University, Chicago, IL, 2003
Member of NCMA (National Contract Management Association)
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!