licensed nursing home administrator eager to contribute sharp business acumen, depth of industry knowledge, and dynamic leadership skills towards supporting a progressive facility in optimizing operational and financial performance.
offer extensive experience managing operations at skilled nursing facilities (snf), nursing facilities (nf), transitional care units (tcu), and continuing care retirement communities (ccrc). develop and implement standard operating procedures and policies in line with corporate objectives; ensure compliance with all regulatory guidelines and standards, including ada, osha, hcfa, life safety code, federal, state, and local regulations. adept at building and leading highly effective, knowledgeable, and stable support teams; create employee health and safety programs. create and administer innovative social services, food services, medical services, therapeutic recreation/activity programs with superior levels of patient / family satisfaction; proficiently allocate resources to optimize provision of patient care. cost-effectively prepare and administer departmental and operational budgets to maximize bottom-line profitability.
legacy parkway e, #4 maplewood,
mn 55109 firstname.lastname@example.org
1624 legacy parkway e, #4
maplewood, mn 55109
presbyterian homes and services, roseville, mn 2008 c present
household coordinator, roseville care center (2008 c present)
administrator in training, roseville care center (2008)
- successfully oversee all aspects of operations and administer annual $1.5m budget for this 84-bed snf/nf and 58-bed tcu.
- directly manage and motivate more than 45 ltc community employees along with another 355+ indirect reports responsible for all blended care center functions including resident housing, health care, and hospitality.
- perform a broad scope of social service and administrative duties; direct admissions and discharges, conduct care conferences, administer assessments (mmse, gds, cornell, csa, social history, elopement, and resident centered care questionnaires), and complete mds forms.
- drive quality assurance initiatives to promote continuous improvement; conduct qis and traditional surveys, develop pocs, and implemented the resident centered care and the ritz carlton luxury models.
- serve in a nursing assistant capacity on a daily basis.
ramsey county care center, saint paul, mn 2008
volunteer / assistant to the administrator
- accompanied pat reller, cfachca, on trips to explore various nha opportunities.
- contributed to budgeting and strategic planning for newly constructed 26-bed tcu, conducted competitor research, and developed marketing collateral and online advertising strategy recommendations for new facility.
- performed financial audits for care choice cooperative and analyzed insurer compliance with members financial contractual agreements.
- gained valuable experience from working with department directors and chosen to attend professional development classes.
quentin burnett page 2
parkview care center / westview estates, reinbeck, ia 2007 c 2008
account auditor / quality control coordinator
- conducted detailed analysis of contracted therapy services to identify areas to improve efficiency and effectiveness; successfully improved regulatory and quality compliance of restorative care program for resident and family satisfaction.
- established and monitored performance metrics to develop cost / risk / benefit analysis and determine whether therapy services should be contracted or in-sourced.
- created initial audit procedures, conducted staff performance audits, identified problems and root causes, recommended solutions, sourced and authored training materials, and instituted internal controls.
- provided weekly, monthly, and ad-hoc reporting to senior management.
enhance fitness, des moines, ia 2007 c 2008
master trainer, 99 counties of iowa
- pioneered new instructor training program for the country s premier senior adult certification program for group fitness leaders and personal trainers.
- collaborated with public health department affiliates to develop annual budget and ensured programs met strict standards of sponsors and regulatory bodies, including american arthritis foundation, cdc, elder affairs, department of health and human services, united way, and u.s. department of public health.
scottish rite park continuing care retirement community, des moines, ia 2005 c 2007
wellness / fitness / aquatics director, health club and wellness center
- expertly oversaw all budgeting, financial management, reporting, staffing, training, payroll, and quality assurance functions for facility with $189k annual budget.
- managed highly productive interdisciplinary team of more than 150 personnel; established department policies and procedures, defined job descriptions, authored handbook, and instituted employee wellness programs including services, classes, and pt components.
- created and managed department programs and software to ensure compliance with state and country guidelines for correct pool operations.
- managed capital projects including a $4.6m fitness center addition to ccrc facility and redesign of wellness center to conform to ada handicap accessibility laws.
university of southern california, los angeles, ca
master of arts in aging services management
des moines university, des moines, ia
master of science in healthcare administration
master of science in public health
iowa state university, ames, ia
bachelor of science in health and human performance
~ professional credentials & affiliations ~
licensed nursing home administrator in the state of minnesota: license number %%
registered nursing assistant, minnesota department of health, saint paul, mn
sitting for nab interstate licensure, nha and the rc/al national exams june 2010
conferences committee chair and board member, minnesota gerontological society (mgs) present
student associate, american college of healthcare executives (ache) 2005 c present
student / ait member, american college of health care administrators (achca) 2008 c 2009
board of directors member, committee member, and fundraiser, iowa senior olympics past
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!