~ Senior-Level Accounting Professional eager to contribute extensive financial management expertise and keen attention to accuracy toward supporting a dynamic company in optimizing bottom-line performance. ~
20+ years of experience in high-level budget analysis, accounting, and financial management, with five years as former supervisor of Finance Unit at U.S. Embassy.
Adept in full spectrum of accounting functions inclusive of A/P, A/R, general ledger, financial statements, reporting, account analysis, reconciliations, and project accounting.
Excellent computer skills include software such as FoxPro, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access), LAN-SPFMS, and Oracle-based Odyssey; able to quickly master new programs.
Presented with cash award from Mission Director at USAID in recognition of exceptional performance.
Won Chand Tara award for expertly supporting development and maintenance of 1,311 files for Operating Expenses and Trust Fund.
Excel in reconciling and verifying expenditures and justifying variances from budget.
Proficient at performing complex financial analysis, preparing forecasts, and planning project budget needs.
Deploy impressive business instinct to identify and implement solutions for process improvements and financial stability.
Strong communication skills with fluency in English, Urdu, and Punjabi; conversational skills in Pushto.
Technical Analysis Center, Inc., Service Provider for Peace Corps, Washington, D.C., 2002 to Present
Accountant / Accounts Payable Specialist
- Spearhead full-scope accounting functions including A/P, general ledger, budget administration, journal entries, and reconciliations for 26 overseas Peace Corps offices.
- Apply dynamic leadership talents toward supervising, directing and mentoring five Accounts Payable Voucher Examiners.
Sr. Voucher Examiner
- Exhibited outstanding attention to precision and efficiency in processing international travel claims for 22 offices spanning Europe, Mediterranean and Asia.
- Quickly advanced from role as Voucher Examiner based on excellent performance and productivity.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
United States Embassy, Islamabad, Pakistan, 1997 to 2002
Supervisor Finance Unit / Budget Analyst / Accounting Technician
- Exercised extensive financial talents to perform in-depth budget and financial planning for International Council for Administrative Services Support (ICASS) and program allotments for Pakistan and Afghanistan.
- Diligently organized and maintained up-to-date records for ICASS, program allotment (Pakistan and Afghanistan), Foreign Commercial Service, Defense Attach Office, Immigration, and Naturalization Service.
- Critically analyzed and compiled key data on economic trends and procurement needs, vital to supporting senior management in crucial decision-making.
- Meticulously audited and prepared Official Residence Expense (ORE) vouchers from Ambassador, DCM, and Principal Officers.
- Leveraged considerable management acumen to oversee staff of five, participate in hiring decisions, provide employee training, and validate employee time and attendance activities, leave records, and American allowances.
United States Agency for International Development, 1984 to 1995
- Proficiently maintained and managed comprehensive accounting records for five major projects while effectively administering Operating Expense (OE) dollar and rupee accounts.
- Contributed to enhancing finance-related workflow by establishing and monitoring project accounts, accrued expenditures, disbursement control and non-expendable property records.
- Employed proven abilities in cost control to define travel budget and track spending.
- Advanced from role as Voucher Examiner based on outstanding performance and commitment to accuracy and efficiency.
Bachelor's Degree in Commerce C <name of University?>
Foreign Service Institute:
- How To Be A Certifying Officer
- Management Control
- Overseas Voucher Examiner
Pakistan Institute of Management, Karachi:
- Effective Communication Skills Course
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!