versatile, perceptive, and achievement-driven sales and account manager with 18+ years of proven experience in the highly competitive communication and it sectors. long-respected for advanced abilities in territory management, business development, product knowledge, client acquisition and account management. outstanding blend of expertise in staff leadership, communication, creative problem solving, and driving product launches to meet strict timelines. excels at managing employees, fusing resources, and advancing organizational directives through innovative programs and initiatives. adeptly resolves complex situations and deploys business instinct to present logical plans then delegates effectively, remains committed to outcome, and embraces flexible ways to achieve goals.
market penetration / inside & outside sales / project management / territory management
new business development / key account management / pricing proposals
solutions based selling / sales trainer
bright house networks, tampa, fl , 2008 c present
account manager/outside sales account manager
- consistently surpass monthly sales quota of 6,000/mo. and captured 40 new units/mo.
- manage entire sales cycle from prospecting to implementation and recognized 8 -12 new contacts each week.
- advise clients on policies and operating procedures to ensure functional effectiveness of business.
- assess marketing potential of new and existing clients; solicited the purchase of cable, business phone, and internet services.
- confer with potential customers regarding equipment needs and advise customers on types of equipment to purchase.
humana, 2006 c 2008
- secured consistent levels of referred and repeat business from a vast client base through successful relationship and account management, networking, consultative sales and communication as a licensed health insurance agent.
- enroll medicare recipients in humana medicare solutions, verify eligibility, and process enrollment quickly prior to any established deadlines.
at&t, 1989 c 2006
account manager, tampa, fl (2003 c 2006)
- demonstrated exemplary leadership attributes in directing business development efforts, developing, and implementing quarterly/annual strategic plans that built a lucrative territory.
- leveraged proven sales management abilities to drive business and achieve superior sales results voice, data, ip, voip solutions, managed services, and wan/lan services.
- merged proven motivational and organizational talents to establish key metrics, goals, and objectives among an account base of 135 enterprise customers within multiple locations.
- applied an in-depth understanding of cost-effective mpls network solution as an alternative to clients existing frame relay to consistently acquire and retain new clients and optimize revenue.
- consistently exceeded revenue quota by $10k each month and increased locations from 7 to 16.
business manager, detroit, mi (1998 c 2003)
devised and implemented business development strategies that identified target markets and business opportunities among prospective fortune 100 clients and established tactical goals that complied with overall corporate objectives.
monitored clients performance and implemented successful sales initiatives for clients including bcbs of michigan, aaa of michigan, toyota, trw, pfizer, and fiserv.
served as key liaison to customers, utilizing proven relationship management skills to enhance the company reputation externally and optimize business positioning.
successfully restructured internet services for bcbs which enhanced security and help desk support resulting in the addition of 14,000 new users.
recognized as #3 representative throughout country (fy2000); capturing 600% of quota for data sales.
diversity manager, detroit, mi (1996 c 1998)
- managed the design, implementation, and administration of staffing and placement systems.
- handled all aspects of affirmative action programs and the implementation and administration of all equal opportunity programs.
- emphasized a focus on positive attention and leadership in managing office wide processes and practices toward women, minority and disabled employee development, and upward mobility.
- made recommendations based on analyses of business procurement, contracts, workforce characteristics, organizational structure, and utilization of employees by ethnicity, race, gender, disability, and other variables.
additional experience as a commercial markets account manager for at&t
<<first name>> <<last name>>
<<street address, suite #>>
<<city, state zip code>>
dear <<courtesy>> <<last name>>,
my 15+ years of professional experience as a account manager, business manager, diversity manager and commercial markets account manager leads me to genuinely believe that i should become the next successful addition to <<company>> as a <<position>>. as you review my career history as demonstrated in the attached r sum , you are sure to see my familiarity with all aspects of the necessary tasks to perform the duties of the position in excellence. professionalism and tact effectively combine with my education and expertise to produce a strong candidate that delivers undeniable results.
a few of my most important qualifications consist of leading several multifunctional employees with a direct focus on increasing productivity; exhibiting such vivid leadership abilities that i advanced quickly in my profession with ease and i am consistently recognized as a top producer by my company.
my ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing combines with an in depth responsible for client accounts, the growth of employees i train, and the effective implementation of decisions that directly affect the bottom line and revenue goals. my sales expertise lends to my ability to exercise initiative and work independently or call forth the efforts of an organized team when necessary. it is the ability to apply sound judgment, discretion and establish priorities accordingly that has contributed to the strong progression of my career. i offer a consistency in creating lasting relationships with clients, management, and others i meet daily. even when training other professionals my goal is always to achieve maximum motivation, teamwork, and efficacy.
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!