compassionate and driven registered nurse eager to contribute expertise in patient care, teambuilding, and leadership within a variety of units including medical, surgical, oncology, intensive care, and maternity. proven knowledge of medical terminology and talent to identify the needs of patients and to encourage a risk-free, positive atmosphere to meet those needs. organized, responsible and caring individual. demonstrate respect and compassion in caring for others. consistently hard working and accepts constructive feedbacks. strong belief in teamwork, evidence-based nursing practices, critical thinking, and holistic care to provide safe and high quality patient care.
written & verbal communication / quality control standards / clinical experience
patient relations / customer service / needs analysis / oncology unit
orthopedic unit / psychiatric unit / pediatric unit / medical-surgical unit / maternity unit
technical competencies: advanced knowledge of microsoft word
bachelor of science in nursing, 08/2009 ~ adelphi university, garden city, ny
- state registered nursing license, 04/2010; license no. 628796
additional licensure: new york state department of education substitute teacher certificate; 08/2006 c present
clinical rotation/internship (260 hours), 06/2009 c 08/2009 ~ downstate medical center, brooklyn, ny
nursing management internship c surgical/orthopedic unit, 2009 ~ va medical center, new york, ny
psychiatric nursing clinical rotation, 2008 ~ beth israel hospital, new york, ny
pediatric nursing clinical rotation, 2008 ~ kingsbrook jewish medical center, brooklyn, ny
medical-surgical nursing 1 & 2 clinical rotation, 2008 ~ st. luke medical center, new york, ny
clinical rotation c medical/surgical/ic/maternity units, 2007 ~ harlem medical center, new york, ny
practiced advanced nursing exercises based on formal, post-basic education and functioned in highly autonomous and specialized roles. consulted and coordinated with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans in a 20-bed pediatric unit. assessed patient health problems and needs, developed and implemented nursing care plans, and maintained medical records.
- administered nursing care to mentally ill and physically injured patients; advised patients on health maintenance and disease prevention or provided case management.
- prepared patients for, and assisted with examinations/treatments; monitored, recorded and reported symptoms and changes in patients' conditions and maintained detailed reports.
- recorded patients' medical information and vital signs; interpreted, and evaluated diagnostic tests to identify and assess patients condition.
- modified patient treatment plans as indicated by patients' responses/conditions and supervised less skilled nursing or health care personnel in doing the same.
- instructed individuals, families and other groups on topics such as antepartum, labor, delivery and postpartum patient health education, and the development of health improvement programs.
substitute teacher, 01/2006 c 06/2009
- assisted students to master lessons and reinforce math/science learning concepts presented by lead teachers.
- presented subject matter to students using lectures, discussions, or role-playing methods.
home health aide, 00/2006 c 00/2007 ~ triboro home health aide, brooklyn, new york
- provided routine, personal healthcare, such as dressing or grooming, to elderly persons in the home of patients.
- maintained records of patient care, condition, progress, or problems to report and discuss observations with supervisor or case manager.
- instructed and advised clients on issues such as household cleanliness, utilities, hygiene, and nutrition.
certification: american heart association health care provider, cpr, currently valid
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!