Dedicated and accomplished Human Resources Generalist eager to contribute extensive benefits management, policy/procedure development, and hiring expertise toward supporting a dynamic company in optimizing bottom-line performance.
Offer 20+ years of experience in managing broad-based HR functional areas inclusive of staffing/recruiting, new hire processing and orientation, Workers Compensation, conflict resolution, and benefits administration. Highly skilled in employee relations and recognition, regulatory compliance, HR records management, and devising organizational policies and procedures which expedite daily operations, elevate personnel productivity, and control labor costs. Proficient with HRIS software such as ABRA, Kronos, HRVantage, and Solomon. Proactively foster workplace diversity and steer compliance with EEO, FMLA, and ADA criteria.
- Replaced supplemental life insurance company for MRDD, translating to savings of 50% for staff.
- Resourcefully standardized MRDD s new hire forms, significantly streamlining new hire processing.
- Successfully contracted with a company to reconcile three supplemental insurance invoices at no cost to MRDD.
- Accelerated personnel hiring time from an average of 43 days to 10 days by streamlining Eastway s recruitment procedure.
- Captured substantial savings for Eastway by negotiating reduced rates for pre-employment drug screens, new hire and annual TB shots, and chest x-rays.
- Generated approximately $2,000 in annual savings for Eastway by launching program for staff nurses to administer annual TB shots to employees.
- Critically analyzed, revised and improved HR documentation for Eastway such as job descriptions, performance evaluations, wage and salary scales, and new hire documentation.
Montgomery County Board of MRDD, Trotwood, Ohio,, 2007 to Present
- Spearhead benefits administration for approximately 700 employees, efficiently and meticulously reconciling monthly benefit invoices for supplemental term life insurance, dental insurance, and part-time flexible spending accounts.
- Conduct annual open enrollment meetings at nine locations, assist employees with online enrollment system, and proficiently update HRIS with new hire information and changes.
- Apply solid communication and interpersonal skills to seamlessly liaison with benefit vendors.
- Leverage outstanding prioritization skills to coordinate scheduling and database of pre-disciplinary hearings.
Spherion Temporary Services, Centerville, Ohio, 2005 to 2007
Human Resources Coordinator / Generalist
- Performed full-scope human resources functions inclusive of new hire processing and orientation, reconciling monthly health, dental, and life insurance invoices, and managing enrollment and termination of benefits online.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
- Coordinated open enrollment process for benefits and facilitated cooperative efforts with benefit vendors.
- Scrutinized unemployment claims and timesheets for validity and accuracy.
- Maintained up-to-date HRIS (HRVantage/Solomon) system, administered Medflex and Tuition Reimbursement programs, and guided employees in use of new web-based benefits system.
Brethren Retirement Community, Greenville, Ohio, 2005
Human Resources Coordinator
Headed recruitment and hiring operations by advertising available opportunities, conducting interviews, screening candidates, performing reference checks, fingerprinting new hires, producing ID badges, entering all information into HRIS (ABRA), and compiling personnel files.
Scheduled pre-employment testing and actively participated in orientation process.
Demonstrated exemplary administrative and organizational skills in preparing EEO/AA and VETS-100 reports, managing tuition reimbursement program, and analyzing Worker s Compensation claims.
Eastway Corporation, Dayton, Ohio, 2002 to 2005
Human Resources Coordinator / Generalist
- Oversaw recruiting activities, pre-hire process and full hiring process, prepared EEO/AA and VETS-100 reports, conducted employee file audits, and assisted employees with job-related issues including health insurance questions or problems.
- Exhibited dynamic versatility as editor of organizational newsletter, back-up benefits coordinator, and central coordinator for temporary help requests.
- Navigated regulatory compliance by identifying employee training requirements, tracking and recording agency training, and submitting required documentation.
City of Piqua, Piqua, Ohio, 1989 to 2002
Executive Secretary (1999 to 2002)
Human Resources Assistant / Administrative Assistant to the Law Director (1989 to 1999)
Performed full spectrum of administrative and human resources operations from coordinating civil service exams for police officer and firefighter positions, to conducting comprehensive wage and benefit surveys, to responding to inquiries regarding union contracts.
Screened applicants, scheduled interviews, supervised completion of new hire paperwork and handled new employee orientation.
Liaised between employees and Third Party Administrator for health insurance, diligently tracked annual performance increases, and recorded FMLA data.
Exercised strong attention to detail in reconciling monthly health insurance invoices, tracking changes in employee status, and administering COBRA notices.
Bachelor of Arts Degree (in progress), Bluffton University, anticipated completion 2010
Associate of Applied Business Degree, Edison Community College
Professional in Human Resources (PHR) Certification, Society for Human Resource Management
Licensed Insurance Agent for Health and Life Insurance
Kronos, ABRA, HRVantage, Solomon, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), Visio
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!