results-oriented professional with subject matter expertise in americans with disability act (ada) and broad knowledge of the relevance of disabilities to the work place. utilize strong interpersonal ability to conducting effective intake interviews, gathering appropriate information to make eligibility determinations, conducting or making referrals for assessments and engaging in the employee relations planning process. long career of proven knowledge of assistive technology, job analysis, labor trends and reasonable accommodation to help employers hire, maintain and train employees with disabilities.
americans with disabilities act / family medical leave act / alaska family leave act / equal employment
employment law / professional development / counseling / employee relations
personnel management / accounting / payroll / benefits compensation
technical competencies include word, excel, outlook, access, data base systems (banner & people soft) qmenu; typing 60 wpm 10 key 245
municipality of anchorage, 10/01/06 to present
employee relations ada compliance & disability coordinator
- remain aware of established standards and periodic changes in titles i, ii and iii of ada; principles, practices, terminology and current developments in the field of hr and disability management.
- demonstrate mastery of ada rules, regulations, disability, and substance abuse issues.
- enhance the professional potential of supervisory, management and employee training programs for fmla/afla & ada that applies a variety of instructional techniques such as group discussion, lecture, role playing, and case studies using adult learning principles.
- institute the best practices for the prompt and equitable resolution of complaints and inquiries regarding compliance with the ada and regarding discrimination on the basis of disability.
- render determinations regarding allegations of discrimination and non-compliance under the ada.
- remain abreast of current trends in state and federal laws and business protocol concerning the rights of persons with disabilities and strategies of providing reasonable accommodations.
- address sensitive, controversial, and interpersonal issues related to the physical, mental, developmental, cognitive, and emotional disabilities of personnel.
fmla & afla coordinator
- skillfully apply expertise in family medical leave act (fmla) and alaska family leave act (afla) entitlements and produce a definitive response to fmla and afla requests.
- assess employee service records and evaluate medical records to determine eligibility; notify employees and supervisors of entitlements and obligations; track and monitor usage, and notify employees when entitlement is exhausted.
- identify and resolve instances where there is conflict between fmla, afla, workers compensation, and the ada entitlements.
std & ltd insurance liaison and community resources
- liaison with insurance vendor for quick processing of employee applications for short-term disability (std) and long-term disability (ltd) claims.
- generate monthly billing report for std, ltd, moa/ee voluntary life, and dependent life premiums utilizing people soft queries.
municipality of anchorage, 04/0000 c 10/2006
employee relations sr. accountant
- reconciled department general ledger accounts, receivables, payables according to generally accepted accounting procedures (gaap) and local, state, federal accounting standards.
- resolved accounting issues related to all benefits administration, short and long term disability plans, employee assistance program, life insurance, dependent life insurance and supplemental life insurance for 11 unions and non-represented and executive employees and retirees.
- tracked, monitored, and verified insurance premium and benefit payments, fsa accounts, self-insured health fund of $45mm and payroll liability accounts.
- briefed director and deputy director on budget administration functions; integrated technology solutions such as hrms query system (people soft) and strategies such as web-based reporting.
university of alaska, kenai peninsula college, soldotna, ak, 07/1998 c 06/2004
budget, travel, grants & contracts, 09/2000 c 06/2004
- resolved labor distribution discrepancies with proven research abilities.
- performed a multitude of financial management tasks including administration of the budget for all grant, contract, foundation, endowment, and scholarship funds.
- handled accounting functions such as account reconciliation, inputting grant receivables, donations, scholarship revenue, travel encumbrances and reimbursements, and vendors invoices.
- managed grant files and ensured compliance with federal, state, and related regulations with relation to processing grant billings, fund expenditures, and revenue budgets and approved purchase orders.
human resources professional, 07/1998 c 09/2000
- administered benefits and retirement plans including proper completion of enrollment documents and skillfully educated staff on pers, ters, orp, and ua pension plans.
- tracked leave and merit anniversary dates and prepared annual cash-ins, leave and pay adjustments.
- assessed and managed databases housing the confidential records of personnel including payroll deductions, merit increases, separations, transfers, and appointment changes into system.
- mandated adherence to union collective bargaining agreements and processed verification of service requests forms ters/pers.
payroll manager, 09/1994 c 09/1998
cook inlet processing, nikiski, ak
- accurately processed bi-weekly payroll for 1380 employees; processed overtime, fica, futa, and unemployment, audited payroll figures, and generated paychecks on employees behalf.
- directed the professional success of a team consisting of a payroll assistant and 6 intake clerks; commanded staff adhere to employment laws and payroll management standards.
- completed a variety of payroll management functions including benefits administration, 401k deductions, workers compensation, payroll deductions, and determination of profit sharing eligibility.
****additional experience in accounts receivable and payroll for peterkin distributors, inc. and self-employed in bookkeeping, payroll, and income tax preparation***
university of arkansas little rock
masters of rehabilitation counseling, 09/009
- currently completing internship 600-hour requirements
university of alaska anchorage
bachelor of arts in psychology, 12/2003
kenai peninsula college
associate of arts in business accounting
- sat for national boards for licensure for certified rehabilitation counselor
anchorage disability mentoring day committee
facilitate municipality of anchorage partnership with the university of alaska and the local community to find mentoring opportunities for participants with disabilities for that day and potentially longer periods to get them experience in fields that they would not normally have had.
<<first name>> <<last name>>
<<street address, suite #>>
<<city, state zip code>>
dear <<courtesy>> <<last name>>,
it is with great confidence that i offer my years of disabilities experience and strong knowledge of the americans with disabilities act, family medical leave act, and alaska family leave act to your organization. as i pursue the <<position title>> within <<company name>>, i recognize that my credentials and experience would greatly compliment the mission of your organization.
ten years of experience as employee relations ada compliance & disability coordinator, fmla & afla coordinator, short-term disability/long-term disability insurance liaison and community resources, and employee relations sr. accountant is the basis for my confidence that i would be a valuable asset to your organization. my career history consists of vast experience in counseling and communicating with clients and colleagues as i consistently communicate the organizational vision to the internal members of the organization so that everyone understands their role in achieving these goals, ensuring that the appropriate steps are taken.
as i continuously address the needs of client with confidential but controversial needs, i prepare recommendations for improvements, controls, new methods, and other changes to improve the efficiency of operations. simultaneously, as a master s degree candidate studying rehabilitation counseling, i am pursuing completion of a 600-hour internship as employee relations ada compliance & disability coordinator for the municipality of anchorage. my duties include serving as liaison to the community for ada issues and coordinating job analysis, investigating disability limitations, and determining appropriate resolutions for employees. it is imperative that i maintain and secure all confidential records regarding employee accommodations and/or disabilities and engage in comprehensive research on the potential impact of ada policy and procedures.
during my career, i ve gained notable experience leading and training supervisors, managers, and colleagues in the appropriate procedures related to handling employees with disabilities. my professional background also includes interpreting complex rules and regulations, knowledge of state and federal regulations, administrative procedures, community resources, assistive technology devices and services, and how to counsel clients on appropriate vocational choices.
my duties consist of coordinating operations of a complex, interrelated, and interdependent nature, where unknowns and numerous contingency factors were involved. with this experience, i implement policies and procedures relevant to special disabilities program based on information of a conceptual nature from varied and complex sources. additionally, i offer vast knowledge of the principles and techniques of administrative management including organization, planning, staffing, training, budgeting, and reporting, and a strong background in fiscal planning, budgeting, and financial management that i bring to your organization.
my aptitude for evaluating complex problems and reviewing related information to develop viable solutions would be of great use to your organization. i welcome more discussion about how my skills can help in meeting the goals and objective of your organization. until then, should you have any additional questions feel free to contact me at your convenience.
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!