proven leader and sales executive efficient in creating and maintaining a positive flow of work by utilizing what resources and facilities are available. organize resources such as facilities and employees to ensure effective revenue optimization. plan by prioritizing customer, employee, and organizational requirements. reconcile corporate expectations and vision to fulfill organizational requirements and factors for the measurement of performance and consideration of efficiency versus effectiveness.
leadership / teambuilding
strategy & implementation
wahlquist management corporation, little rock, ar
vice president of sales, 07/2008 c 03/2009
- addressed all sales management concerns with a focus on strategic, tactical, and short-term operation management such as marketing, customer service and business operation.
- designed operational procedures and improvements of the systems that create and deliver the firm's products/services; oversee a multi-million dollar organization.
- maintained a consistent understanding of the happenings behind the company's core operations and continually actively seek after operations improvement.
- ensured that business operations remained efficient and oversaw the management of retail employees and a wholesale sales team, and interact with upper executives.
gary thorson furniture, hot springs, ar
owner, 03/2000 c 07/2009
- applied an in-depth understanding of market penetration to consistently acquire and retain new clients.
- demonstrated exemplary leadership attributes in the ownership and directing business development efforts, implemented annual strategic plan that drove sales for 2 stores.
- leveraged proven sales management abilities to drive business generation programs, achieving superior sales results through training and side by side selling.
- merged proven analytical and business development talents to define new accounts and, established key metrics, goals, and objectives that improved sales performance.
general manager, 03/1989 c 03/2000
- held directly responsible for sales, merchandising, warehousing, delivery, financing, buying, customer service, and personnel management.
- secured consistent levels of repeat business from a vast client base through successful relationship and account management; doubled the sales volume of the company.
devised and implemented business development strategies that identified target markets and business opportunities; established tactical goals that complied with overall corporate objectives when developing new accounts.
- monitored competitor performance and created and implemented successful sales initiatives and promotional campaigns that generated increased levels of sales and revenue growth.
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy | page 2 of 2
- served as key liaison to customers, utilizing proven relationship management skills to enhance the company reputation externally and optimize business positioning.
- enhanced business development opportunities through the development, implementation, and direction of successful business account generation strategies that maximized sales and profitability.
assistant store manager / wal-mart management training
wal-mart, ruston, la
- demonstrated exemplary critical thinking abilities to create highly effective sales management strategies and managed inventory, personnel issues, and maintained a successful store.
****additional experience as an account representative for gmac****
bachelor of business administration; marketing (3.0 gpa)
harding university, searcy, ar
- board member, arkansas home furnishings association
- past president and chairman, board of directors
- board member, hot springs chamber of commerce
- member, hot springs executive association
- voted "furniture dealer of the year" twice - gary thorson furniture
april 15, 2011
<<first name>> <<last name>>
<<street address, suite #>>
<<city, state zip code>>
dear <<courtesy>> <<last name>>,
i am writing to express my genuine interest in your current opening for a <name of the position>; therefore, please allow me to submit my resume for your review. having been in sales and management for the past 15+ years, with continued success in meeting the needs of my clientele, i am confident that i can make a valuable contribution to your organization's future projects and initiatives. my experience consists of thorough sales management analysis that is transferrable to any industry.
as indicated in the accompanying resume, i bring you a positive and energetic work approach and an exemplary blend of talents in the areas of sales, business development, operations management, client relations, revenue growth, and account management. to compliment these qualifications, i offer an unwavering commitment to providing stellar customer service and dealing directly with clients as a front-line company representative, keeping in mind to remain accessible to clients at all times while simultaneously exceeding goals.
to date in my career, i have held progressively responsible positions based on a demonstrated ability to meet and exceed established goals and manage individual, small business, and corporate accounts. i take great effort in building strong, positive interpersonal relations. my professional history produced an aptitude for strategically indicating complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement sales solutions. as the vice president of sales, i utilize both theoretical and negotiation skills to consistently secure increases in organizational revenue, and these same skills can produce lucrative results conducive to accomplishing your overall organizational missions and goals.
once you have reviewed my qualifications, i welcome further discussion about how i can contribute my assets to your organization. i would like to interview with you during a time convenient and until then i am available to answer any questions you may have.
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!