Accuracy-driven Senior Accountant eager to contribute
4.5 years experience in reconciliations, forecasting and reporting toward supporting a progressive
organization in optimizing bottom-line performance and profitability.
Adept at a wide range of accounting functions spanning accounts payable and receivable (A/P and A/R), reconciliations, variance analysis, general ledger, financial reporting and statements, regulatory compliance, journal entries, and taxation.
Deadline-focused and systematic with polished planning, analytical, documentation, problem solving, and communication skills.
Highly ethical with an unwavering commitment to confidentiality.
Excel in forecasting, budgeting, credit analysis, collections, and vendor relations.
Versatile and resourceful; quickly master new roles, responsibilities, software and environments.
Ensure and facilitate complete, accurate, and timely reporting of financial information in accordance with GAAP and other regulatory requirements.
Constantly seek to simplify and accelerate daily workflow, enhance accuracy, and streamline business processes and procedures.
Christ Church Cathedral, Houston, TX, 2008 to Present
- Proficiently perform full range of accounting functions such as financial statement preparation and analysis, cash flow forecasting, variance analysis, journal entries, month-end close, and analysis and reconciliations of bank, inter-company and general ledger accounts.
- Investigated and swiftly resolved accounting discrepancies, vital to optimizing fiscal stability.
- Carefully prepare and submit quarterly Federal Tax Return and Sales And Use tax return, process A/P and A/R, and assist auditors as needed.
- Consistently ensure and enforce adherence to GAAP.
- Successfully increased efficiency by automating bank reconciliation and A/R process.
- Strategically streamlined and expedited closing procedures by up to 15 days.
- Analyzed, created and maintained new chart of accounts to enhance organization.
FemPartners Inc., Houston, TX, 2007 to 2008
- Played a key role in annual budget development, generating forecasts, analyzing financial statements, and performing long-term strategic planning.
- Demonstrated strong critical thinking abilities in completing monthly variance explanations, adminstering month-end close, and assembling in-depth trend analysis reports.
- Recorded monthly journal entries and reconciled various accounts.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy C Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
Shell Oil Products US (contract), Houston, TX, 2007
- Accurately and efficiently prepared monthly debt and interest reports, P&L (profit & loss) reports, and journal entries.
- Exercised precise attention to detail in performing month-end close, justifying monthly variances, and performing extensive account analysis and reconciliations.
- Maintained detailed and up-to-date documentation to ensure stringent compliance with SOX (Sarbanes Oxley) criteria.
Baker Hughes Inc., Houston, TX, 2006
Credit Analyst (contract)
- Completed assignment focusing on evaluating credit worthiness of customers through meticulous analysis of financial statements and payment history.
- Approved, renewed and cancelled credit limits, and decisively adjusted limit and payment terms to minimize risk while maximizing revenues for company.
University of New Orleans Foundation, New Orleans, LA, 2004 to 2005
- Performed broad-scope accounting functions inclusive of journal entries, cash receipts, invoice processing, and reconciliations of general ledger accounts and bank accounts.
- Applied sharp analytical talents toward preparing complex financial and investment reports, examining problem accounts, and steering corrective action.
- Prepared and delivered informative presentations to upper management, detailing fiscal status, concerns, and areas requiring attention.
- Researched and identified approximately $500K in unreported revenue
- Drastically decreased 120-days receivables by 50% through aggressive collection efforts.
University of Houston-Downtown, Houston, TX
B.B.A., Accounting, (in progress) anticipated completion 2011
University of New Orleans, New Orleans, LA
M.B.A., Finance, 2004
B.S., Finance, 2001
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Institute of Management Accountants
SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!