Results-driven Operations Manager eager to contribute 14 years of process engineering experience toward supporting a dynamic company in optimizing bottom-line performance.
Significant background in project management, process improvements, team collaboration, safety, and problem solving. Proven success in implementing novel technological solutions to rectify operational deficiencies, accelerate productivity, and capture major cost savings. Elevated quality control and assurance for over 40 projects and saved a combined $9M in expenses. Able to cultivate a cooperative climate across multiple departments, and pilot improvements which will result in long-term benefits for the employer.
- Expedited strategic planning efforts from 10 to 60 days and heightened accuracy of tactical planning by 150% for Kimberly Clark manufacturing operations.
- Spearheaded transition to new data management/integration software which enabled Kimberly Clark s Pulp/Utilities division to improve data mining/analysis time by 50%+.
- Resourcefully implemented Selector technology in Waste Water Treatment department, successfully reducing overall BOD and TSS concentration by 15% and 12% respectively.
- Played a pivotal role in generating savings of $150K for Pulp Manufacturing through improvements to vendor selection process.
- Enhanced wood feeder reliability by 50% and stabilized steam generation by directing Boiler Supervisory Controls and camera image analysis project.
- Successfully motivated, coached and led site Ergonomics team to decrease ergonomic injuries by 100% in targeted area.
- Improved performance on two towel winders by 23%, capturing best consistently held rate of operation over previous three years while also decreasing brand change time by 50%.
- Proactively assembled and introduced a Pulp Shipping team within Dry Room to support a 400% increase in export volume with zero changes to headcount.
Kimberly Clark Corporation, Everett, WA, 2001 to Present
Change Agent C Manufacturing Systems
- Championed efforts to streamline pulp production planning by using real-time data to minimize required human interface while enhancing decision-making.
- Assemble and facilitate process mapping/improvement and problem-solving workshops.
Process Engineer C Pulp Technical Team
- Configured new data management solution for Pulp/Utilities and instructed end users.
- Designed and implemented visual management system to precisely assess key success factors and fortify daily accountability process in Pulp/Utilities.
- Strategically introduced Targeted Performance program (Centerlining) in Pulp/Utilities to realize immediate improvements.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy C Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
Operations Manager / Consultant C Premium Towel Converting
- Applied dynamic organizational skills toward directing department operations, managing 76 personnel, and administering $1.6M annual maintenance budget.
- Proficiently coordinated operations relevant to capital project installations valued at $2.1M.
- Directed Management of Change process and formal safety risk assessments for capital project design and corporate risk mitigation planning.
- Strengthened staff engagement and departmental communication by developing and launching newsletter to communicate training and capital project details.
- Resourcefully formulated standardized training/tracking system for use throughout four departments which simplified access to training materials and documentation.
Operations Manager C Dry Room and Pulp Shipping
- Expeditiously, cost-effectively, safely and compliantly processed $14M+ of raw material annually with accountability for $1.2M budget.
- Supervised, motivated, trained, evaluated and led 35 high-performing operators.
- Won Exceptional Performance Award for devising Microsoft Access system to track inbound and outbound shipments online while significantly reducing necessary manpower.
- Planned, scheduled and seamlessly facilitated SAP implementation for all inbound/outbound pulp shipments.
Operations Manager C Water and Wastewater Treatment
- Administered $1.2M maintenance budget and handled NPDES (National Pollutant Discharge Elimination) permit requirements.
- Led team to achieve 5+ years of perfect safety ratings.
- Contributed outstanding operations leadership expertise toward orchestrating $25M Deep Water Outfall initiative.
- Navigated full spectrum of capital projects valued at $3.2M from design through start-up.
Kimberly Clark Corporation, Fullerton, California, 1999 to 2001
Process Engineer and Interim Operations Manager C Tissue Manufacturing
- Exercised considerable management acumen to supervise 35 employees and delegate assignments to three engineers.
- Decisively prepared trial plans and executed trials for new creping chemicals to improve process and minimize costs.
- Directed wet-end check-out for NIB $10M dryer replacement and machine upgrade project two months ahead of expected timeline.
Prior background includes internships as Process Engineer at Potlatch Corporation, Lewiston, Idaho, 1997 and Weyerhaeuser Technology Center, Federal Way, Washington, 1996.
B.S. Chemical Engineering, University of Idaho, Moscow, ID
Minor in Spanish
Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher), EBP, SAP, GPM, PIMS (PI/Plant Apps), PARCView, MACSModel, SharePoint, Corel Draw
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!