Seasoned Financial Management Executive eager to secure a staff position with an organization seeking a dynamic team member.
Excel in full-scope financial management including all phases of the accounting cycle. Proficient in internal controls, system conversions, A/P, A/R, and payroll. Advanced skills in Circular A-122 and A-133 compliance audits. Proven success in managing institutions with $1B in endowment funds and $100M annual operating budget. Equally effective in managing funds from federal and private sources. Adept at revising personnel policies and benefit plans to achieve a win-win outcome for both employees and employer. Extensive staff management experience including training and development, performance evaluations, team-building, and delegating tasks and projects.
Championed significant process improvements at Washington Business Group on Health such as automation of budget process and converting/updating financial system from single user to network.
Successfully uncovered $100K+ in revenue that was not properly recognized by previous Washington Business Group on Health staff or audit firm.
Seamlessly transitioned outdated financial system at East Coast Migrant Head Start to a secure and peak-performing network system.
Probed and identified fraudulent activity occurring for 10 years at one of the grantees and terminated operations successfully without any service interruption to ECMHSP.
Self-employed, 1996 to Present
- Provide consultative guidance and leadership to not-for-profit organizations and other small businesses, with a particular focus on financial reporting and cost containment.
- Demonstrate exemplary analytical skills in analyzing and preparing complex bids and contract negotiations with CEOs.
- Accurately prepare 990 and 990-T forms, steer compliance with Circular A-122, and prepare documentation for A-133 audits for firms with new federal funds.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
- Proactively collaborate with Directors in devising strategic plans to maximize asset utilization, budget adherence, and cost control.
- Assisted for-profit companies by preparing fiscal and tax-related documentation for review by individual CPAs.
The Washington Business Group on Health, 1992 to 1996
Director of Finance and Administration
- Spearheaded financial and administrative operations for not-for-profit organization comprised of multiple Fortune 500 companies sharing a concern regarding the cost of employee health care.
- Leveraged considerable leadership talents in managing federal and private grants, including all reporting and compliance.
- Examined, revised and streamlined personnel manual and associated policies, improved cost-effectiveness of benefit package, and expertly negotiated indirect cost rates and fringe benefit rates.
East Coast Migrant Head Start Project (ECMHSP), 1989 to 1992
Director of Finance
- Served as CFO for granting agency providing funding for 30 Head Start programs assisting migrant workers throughout coastal region spanning Florida to Maine.
- Significantly accelerated audit time and assembled quality-driven team of auditors focused on ensuring compliance with early childhood education and HHS (Department of Health and Human Services) standards.
- Cost-effectively managed $75M annual budget.
Additional Experience includes role as Financial Manager for the Carnegie Institute and Controller for Meridian International Center.
BS Degree in Business, Concentration in Accounting
University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!