organized, task-oriented administrative professional with 10+ years of solid skill and capacity to handle various functions associated with identifying and meeting the needs of various customers in a fast-paced office environment. detailed and dynamic communicator and persuasive speaker, able to forge meaningful associations with clients, colleagues and management. talent to identify the need for solutions to immediate problems and to encourage a risk-free, positive atmosphere to meet those needs. demonstrated talent needed to direct and coordinate an organization's a/r and a/p activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency.
cash reconciliation / accounts payable and receivable / invoicing / scheduling
office management / fiscal administration / inventory & material management
technical competencies: software knowledge; 80 wpm
education & professional development
suny ulster community college, ny, ny
degree in criminal justice, 08/2008 c 05/2010
suny utica college, utica, ny
degree in cyber-security investigations & forensics, 05/2010 c present
real estate sales license, 2006 c present
purchasing assistant, 09/2008 c 06/2009 ~ frank lowe rubber & gasket manufacturer, city, state
- handled financial functions including generating purchase orders and bid requests, processing daily inventory from invoices, and approved accounts payable invoices for payment.
- prepared purchase orders and sent copies to suppliers and to departments originating requests.
- determined if inventory quantities are sufficient, ordering more materials when necessary.
- responded to customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations.
- performed buying duties when necessary including contacting suppliers in order to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems.
- reviewed requisition orders in order to verify accuracy, terminology, and specifications.
- prepared, maintained, and reviewed purchasing files, reports and price lists.
- compared prices, specifications, and delivery dates in order to determine the best bid among potential suppliers.
quality rater, 12/2008 c 05/2009 ~ workforce logic, city, state
test editor/rater, 12/2007 c 06/2008 ~ lionbridge, city, state
- indicated the relevancy of various websites and search terms based on established standards.
- integrated knowledge of technology to perform research and discover spam and algorithms.
independent contractor, 12/2004 c 02/2007 ~ text121chat, city, state
- compiled, sorted, edited, and proofread the accuracy of data before it is entered.
- compared data with source documents, or re-entered data in verification format to detect errors.
- stored completed documents in appropriate locations.
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy | page 2 of 2
substitute teacher, 10/2002 c 01/2003 ~ catskill and coxsackie, athens school districts, city, state
- assisted elementary, secondary, and high school students to master assignments and to reinforce learning concepts presented by lead teachers.
- presented subject matter to students using lectures, discussions, or role-playing methods.
- observed students' performance and recorded relevant data for the lead teacher.
- discussed assignments with students' in a manner appropriate to positively reinforce self esteem.
college assistant of security and administrative planning, 10/2005 c 03/2006 ~ borough of manhattan community college, city, state
- incorporated knowledge of software such as lotus notes and microsoft excel to track campus security events.
- handled a variety of administrative functions including faxing, answering calls and directing calls appropriately, in addition to assisting faculty, staff and students upon visit.
- processed timesheets and generated payroll; generated college ids.
inbound customer service representative, 09/2004 c 09/2005 ~ west telemarketing, city, state
- delivered prepared sales presentations, reading from scripts that describe products or services, in order to persuade potential customers to purchase a product or service.
- explained products or services and prices, and answer questions from customers.
- secured customer information such as name, address, and payment method, and entered orders into computers.
- obtained leads including names and telephone numbers of potential customers from sources such as telephone directories, magazine reply cards, and lists purchased from other organizations.
office manager, 06/2003 c 09/2004 ~ father & sons clean up, athens, ny
- supervised the work of office, administrative, or customer service employees to ensure adherence to quality standards, deadlines, and proper procedures, correcting errors or problems.
- implemented corporate and departmental policies, procedures, and service standards in conjunction with management.
- discussed job performance problems with employees to identify causes and issues and to work on resolving problems.
- evaluated employees' job performance and conformance to regulations and recommended appropriate personnel action.
- reviewed records and reports pertaining to activities such as bookkeeping, bank deposit reconciliation, payroll, and billing functions.
executive assistant, 09/1999 c 10/2002 ~ al s tire and auto center, catskill, ny
- provided high-level administrative support by conducting research, preparing statistical reports, handling financial information requests such as a/r and a/p and bank deposit reconciliation.
- performed clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings.
administrative assistant, 06/1999 c 08/2005 ~ greenlake homestead, catskill, ny
- arranged for hotel reservations and lodging accommodations and scheduled activities.
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!