Significant management expertise; former president of two organizations with accountability for managing Boards, administering budgets, orchestrating fundraising, and directing personnel. Broad-based interests in the non-profit sector, administrative management, entertainment law, and government relations. Well-versed in diversity and equality issues, criminal law, mediation, and employment law issues. Reputation for solid judgment, problem solving abilities, resourcefulness and innovative thinking. Display a collaborative work ethic, adaptability, and initiative.
Wilentz, Goldman and Spitzer P.A., Woodbridge, NJ, 2007 to Present
Proactively participate in full-scope litigation pertaining to labor and employment matters such as CNCs (covenants not to compete), COBRA, wage hour, CEPA (Conscientious Employee Protection Act) and discrimination.
Diligently conduct thorough employer investigations, review employee handbooks and manuals, and negotiate separation/severance agreements to achieve win-win outcomes.
Promote an inclusive work environment as member of firm s Diversity Committee.
Department Of Corrections, Office Of The Commissioner, Trenton, NJ, 2007
- Drove daily activities of Equal Employment Division by supervising investigations, providing advice to management, and assisting in preparation of determination letters for commissioner regarding alleged violations of anti-discrimination policy.
- Applied dynamic leadership talents toward educating personnel in anti-discrimination policy and procedures.
Department Of Law and Public Safety, Office Of The Attorney General, Trenton, NJ, 2002 to 2007
Deputy Attorney General
- Served as Acting Director, Office of State Police Affairs, 2006 and Deputy Director, 2004 to 2006.
Skillfully represented New Jersey State Police (NJSP) management personnel in administrative disciplinary hearings in the Office of Administrative Law as well as informal minor disciplinary hearings.
Spearheaded investigations, approved and coordinated legal advice among other divisions and units, supervised attorneys, and swiftly responded to emergent legal issues for NJSP or Attorney General.
Played a pivotal role in implementing 1999 consent decree regarding racial profiling between the United States, the State of New Jersey and the NJSP.
Meticulously reviewed and approved lessons plans for New Jersey State Police Academy.
Exhibited advanced communication skills in representing the NJSP in oral argument before the New Jersey Supreme Court.
Corporation Counsel s Office, City Of Newark, Newark NJ, 2000 to 2002
Assistant Corporation Counsel
- Specialized in labor and employment law, confidently representing the City of Newark in disciplinary hearings, grievance arbitrations and mediations at Office of Administrative Law, PERC and the EEOC.
- Represented management by conducting comprehensive contract negotiations with various unions and via general civil litigation in both Superior and Federal courts.
- Advised managers throughout various municipal departments in diverse labor and employment issues.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
Ocean County Prosecutor s Office, Toms River, NJ, 1997 to 2000
- Demonstrated exemplary versatility through successful assignments with Grand Jury, Appellate, Domestic Violence, Sex Crimes, Juvenile and Megan s Law units.
- Proficiently researched, prepared and tried criminal matters, authored appellate briefs, argued sentencing appeals, and presented cases before grand jury.
Prior Background includes roles as Legal Assistant, Hudson County Prosecutor s Office, Jersey City, NJ and as Law Clerk for Honorable Theodore J. Labrecque, J.S.C., Freehold, NJ.
Juris Doctor, Stetson University College Of Law, St. Petersburg, Florida, 1996
Bar Admission, New Jersey, United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, Drew University, Madison, New Jersey, 1993
Equal Employment Certificate C Rutgers University Center of Management Development, 2007
New Jersey State Bar Association (NJSBA), 1997 to Present; At-Large Trustee, 2005 to Present
Educational Opportunity Fund Advisory Board-Ocean County College, 2003 to Present
Association Of Black Women Lawyers, 1996 to Present
- President, 2003 to 2005 and Vice President, 2001 to 2003
Middlesex & Ocean County Bar Association, 2006 to Present
Supreme Court Committee On Minority Concerns, 2005 to Present
National Council Of Bar Presidents, 2004 to Present
American Bar Association, 2001 to Present
Former President (2008 to 2009) and President-Elect (2006 to 2008), NJ Women Lawyers Association
Former Member of Board of Trustees, New Jersey State Bar Foundation, 2004 to 2005
Professional Lawyer of the Year Award, New Jersey Commission on Professionalism and New Jersey Women Lawyers Association, 2007
The Political Arena Award, Macedonia Family Life Community Complex, 2007
Glenn Cunningham Community Service Award, National Organization of Black Law Enforcement Executives, the Northern New Jersey Chapter (NOBLE), 2007
Women of Distinction Award, Girl Scout Council of Greater Essex and Hudson Counties, 2005
Lakewood NAACP Special Achievement Award, 2004
Young Lawyer of the Year Award, New Jersey State Bar Association s Young Lawyers Division, 2002
Certificate of Special Congressional Recognition and Professional Achievement Award, 1998
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!