Eager to contribute an excellent academic background as well as outstanding technical writing, editing, and training expertise toward supporting a dynamic employer in optimizing bottom-line performance and productivity.
Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to facilitate cooperative efforts among authors, clients, developers, and technical professionals.
Proficiency in technical writing; adept at proofreading complex information, suggesting stylistic edits, formatting document to publisher specifications, and preparing illustrations and bibliographies.
Proven skills in orchestrating training and instructional efforts in broad range of formats including lectures, hands-on training, 1-on-1 training, online tutorials, and workshops.
Strong graphics capabilities encompassing screen shots, diagrams, flow charts, and Adobe Photoshop and InDesign applications.
Excellent success in building and leading highly effective and collaborative teams.
Skilled at designing, developing, and precisely aligning training strategies with specific business needs, assessing and monitoring effectiveness, and implementing modifications as necessary.
Effectively work in partnership with subject matter experts to ensure accuracy of information.
Highly intuitive, solution-driven and committed to excellence in all endeavors.
Proficiency in French and Italian languages.
Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, 2007 to Present
Outreach and Development Group C FAS IT (Faculty of Arts and Sciences Information Technology)
Wrote and maintain 72-page manual for iSites program to support Harvard-developed website building utility.
Integral member of security initiative by maintaining database of almost 12,000 issues identified by security scan and tracking 3,000+ affected machines to expedite remediation.
Facilitated roll-out of new email system to 1,600 incoming freshmen by creating and executing extensive test plans and supervising three testers.
Led training elements for Iris email project migrating 6,000+ users from diverse email and calendar environments to single, Exchange-based system; selected vendors, negotiated contracts, prepared budget, and scheduled training classes.
Developed syllabi and formats for multiple training modalities to educate end users and support technicians.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ---- Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
MIT, Cambridge, MA, 2004 to 2007
Assistant to the Director, Psychiatry Initiative of the Broad Institute
- Demonstrated meticulous attention to accuracy in proofreading, formatting and submitting documents for publication in professional journals.
- Communicated extensively with publishers and funding sources to ensure adherence to requirements, deadlines, and specifications.
- Teamed with scientists and other departments to gather scientific and financial data and arrange confidentiality agreements, transfers of rights, etc.
- Scheduled and coordinated workshops, seminars, and meetings to drive unified efforts among Boston genetics research and medical communities.
Baroudi Bloor, Arlington, MA, 2002 to 2004
Editing and Data Analysis Consultant
- Proficiently edited and formatted white papers for delivery to client and for Internet upload.
- Contributed significant copyediting expertise toward reviewing and editing ninth edition of well-known Internet guide.
- Provided Excel-based data analysis tools for use by clients to effectively gauge return on investment.
Q-Span Information Systems (Parallogic, Inc.), Lexington, MA, 1995 to 2000
Documentation, Illustration, and Data Analysis Consultant
- Applied polished organizational skills toward compiling end-user manuals and technical documentation for data warehouses and smaller applications serving clients in banking/investment and pharmaceutical industries.
- Negotiated and finalized deliverables schedule, assembled talented writing team, facilitated informational meetings between developers and writers, and consistently met project deadlines.
- Compiled, edited, and provided layout for documents including proposals and technical and functional specifications.
- Reviewed, considered, and seamlessly incorporated feedback from clients and development team during draft stages.
- Resourcefully created on-line help systems, installation guides, training materials, document templates, and complete library of company documents.
- Exercised strong technical acumen to develop and administer MS SQL databases, defined tables, fields, data types, data constraints, and user privileges.
- Conducted in-depth software testing encompassing user interface functions, security features, error messaging, and mathematical functions.
MS in Art Conservation, University of Delaware/Winterthur Museum
BA in Mathematics, Yale University
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!