nursing professional with solid education and previous experience transferrable to a medical/surgical setting. patient-focused nurse focused on providing safe and quality care. dynamic communicator and persuasive speaker, able to forge meaningful associations with patients and colleagues. talent to identify the needs of patients and to encourage a risk-free, positive atmosphere to meet those needs.
patient safety is my priority. organized, responsible and caring individual. demonstrate respect and compassion in caring for others. consistently hard working and accepts constructive feedbacks. strong belief in teamwork, evidence-based nursing practices, critical thinking, and holistic care to provide safe and high quality patient care. solid interest in learning and caring for others in the nursing profession.
medical-surgical adult units / maternal nursing unit, psychiatric nursing
pediatric & oncology unit / community nursing
bachelor of science in nursing, 12/2009 ~ eastern michigan university, ypsilanti, mi
- normajean & ardenne aderson scholarship, 2009
- dean s list: 6 semesters; current gpa: 3.76
associate of liberal art, 08/2005 ~ bay college, escanaba, mi
- outstanding student, department of social science, bay college, escanaba, mi 2005
university of michigan hospital, ann arbor, mi, 04/2008 c 11/2009
nursing assistant - acute care medicine/gastroenterology (gi/liver) unit
- supported the efforts of nurses delivering direct patient care such as monitoring vital signs and tracking intake/output.
- collaborated with nurses during various procedures such as collecting specimens, bathing, feeding, repositioning, ambulation, grooming, changing linens, and answering patient call light .
- demonstrated the time management, organization, and prioritization skills necessary for success as an assistant.
real life living services, ann arbor, mi, 07/2007 c 08/2007
great northern home, escanaba, mi, 05/2005 c 06/2005 & 11/2005 c 12/2005
home health personal assistant
- turned and repositioned bedridden patients, alone or with assistance, to prevent bedsores.
- observed patients' conditions, measuring and recording food and liquid intake and output and vital signs, and reported changes; fed patients who are unable to feed themselves.
- bathed, groomed, shaved, dressed, and provided patients with help walking and exercising.
- maintained records of patient care, condition, progress, or problems to report and discuss observations with supervisor or case manager.
- provided patients with emotional support and instruction in areas such as preparing healthy meals, living independently, or adapting to disability or illness.
- entertained, conversed with, or read aloud to patients to keep them mentally healthy and alert.
- performed a variety of duties including obtaining household supplies or running errands.
clinical placements: medical-surgical adult unit, maternal nursing unit, psychiatric nursing (huron valley correction), pediatric (oncology) unit, and community nursing (health department)
certification: bls certificate
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!