highly credentialed computer/it specialist with expertise in network analysis and administration eager to contribute technical proficiencies as well as strong project management and customer service skills toward collaborating with the employer in achieving goals.
bachelor of computer science degree, and certification on mcse, ccna, mcp, and a+
systems: ms dos, windows 95/98me/xp, windows nt 4.0/2000/2003, familiarity with linux, unix, and apple
hardware: servers, hubs, switches, routers, firewalls, wireless aps, pc's, printers
networking: tcp/ip, dns, dhcp, wins, vpn
database: ms sql server, mysql, access
software: ms office, ms visio, ms project, sharepoint, iis, solidworks, vantage.
rs technologies, calgary, alberta
network administrator, 2007 to present
- strategically scrutinize, design, test, and evaluate network systems, such as local area networks (lan), wide area networks (wan), internet, intranet, and other data communications systems.
- trained staff on how to engage in network modeling, analysis, and planning; research and recommend network and data communications hardware and software.
- design and implement systems, network configurations, and network architecture, hardware/ and software technology, site locations, and integration of technologies.
- research, purchase, and maintain all levels of server/desktop hardware, firewall, wireless, routers, data, and telecom switching.
- implement platform and application solutions in both production and test environments.
flagworks inc., calgary, alberta
web developer, 2006 to 2007
- created web models/prototypes including physical, interface, logical, or data models.
- implemented web site security measures such as firewalls or message encryption.
- documented technical factors; server load, bandwidth, database performance, and browser and device types.
- communicated with network personnel or web site hosting agencies to address hardware or software issues affecting web sites.
- conferred with management or development teams to prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
~page 1 of 2~
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~page 2 of 2~
c & s canadian immigration services, winnipeg, manitoba
network administrator, 2003 to 2006
implemented and provided technical support for tcp/ip (connectivity, routers, configuration, and setup); security (firewalls); virus protection software (e-mail, server, and client); network management (switches, hubs, and cablings).
administered computer networks and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
monitored network performance to determine whether adjustments were needed.
operated master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks, and to coordinate computer network access and use.
implemented network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
gathered data pertaining to customer needs, and use the information to identify, predict, interpret, and evaluate system and network requirements.
recommended changes to improve systems and network configurations, and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
faneuil group, winnipeg, manitoba
network technical support analyst, 2004
provided technical assistance to computer system users; answer questions or resolve computer problems for clients via telephone concerning the use of computer hardware and software.
university of winnipeg, winnipeg, manitoba
lab demonstrator/teaching assistant, 2001 c 2003
handled computer lab concerns; advised students in technical aspects of technology operation and use.
bachelor of science in applied computer science, 2000 - 2003
technical courses & certification
microsoft® certified system engineer, 2005
cisco certified network associate, 2005
microsoft® certified professional, 2005
comptia® a+ certificate
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!