Bilingual (English/Spanish) and detail-driven IT Manager eager to contribute significant leadership experience and technical talents toward supporting a dynamic organization in optimizing bottom-line performance.
Over 15 years of combined experience in IT operations management, LAN/WAN administration, technical support, and project management. Superior expertise in developing and executing strategic policies and procedures to optimize technology performance. Exemplary blend of planning, budgeting, conflict resolution, and vendor management skills. Analyze, create and execute technical and operational procedures to eliminate redundancy, accelerate output, fortify IT security and slash expenses. Adept at analysis, development and management of disaster recovery strategies and contingency plans, Results-driven leader who effectively trains, coaches, develops, motivates and leads top-performing personnel.
Implemented VOIP phone system to centralize incoming calls requiring only one receptionist for all seven offices, saving $129K in labor expenses, and enabling traveling attorneys to receive phone calls regardless of location.
Updated law firm s accounting operations to a paperless environment saving approximately $25K per year by enabling invoices to be submitted via email.
Identified an additional $98K in annual savings by installing high speed scanners, document management software, case management software, laptops for traveling attorneys, and air cards for Internet access, eliminating or reducing use of materials and office/storage space.
- Achieved paperless document management department at EarthTech by installing high speed scanners and specialized software to capture $110K per year in savings related to paper, storage and supplies.
- Generated $140K in annual labor and storage savings for Florida Dept. of Transportation by installing high-speed scanners and OCR software to eliminate manual data entry for timesheets and invoices.
- Leverage superior multi-tasking, prioritization, and leadership capabilities to orchestrate new office openings with responsibility for lease agreements, telecommunications, cabling, floor plans and data communication.
Confidential Law Firm, Coral Gables, FL, 2003 to Present
- Spearhead department operations inclusive of technology procurement, budget administration, preventative maintenance, vendor relations, contract negotiations, and project management.
- Converted offices from PC to a Citrix environment with zero downtime.
Maintained 100% business continuity throughout centralization of File Servers, Exchange, SQL and fax servers in Miami Office.
Championed seamless server upgrade from NT 4.0 to Windows 2000 and later to Windows 2003.
Transitioned attorneys from handheld dictation equipment to software solution which submits electronically to a transcription service.
Configured MS Exchange server for remote synchronization with attorneys calendars and introduced Microsoft-based pda phones.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
Strengthened and enhanced infrastructure from Frame Relay, MPLS and VPN to a fully meshed Metro Ethernet Network.
- Apply sharp organizational skills toward facilitating employee training, supervising and mentoring personnel, resolving escalated trouble tickets, and performing daily server back-ups.
- Steered disaster planning and recovery by placing Exchange, SQL, File and Print and Citrix servers in the NAP of the Americas (Terremark) which guarantees 100% uptime; also duplicated in-house servers with offsite servers via Double-Take® data replication software.
EarthTech, Miami, FL, 2001 to 2003
- Planned, managed and monitored IT operations encompassing purchasing of hardware/software, preventative maintenance, disaster planning/recovery, staff supervision, and full-scope project management.
- Efficiently migrated NT 4.0 servers to Windows 2000 Active Directory with zero downtime.
- Exercised strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills to deliver one-on-one and classroom-based software training to employees.
- Proactively coordinated disaster planning efforts by synchronizing offsite servers with Double-Take®, conducting daily back-ups, and installing communication lines to redirect to offsite servers in event of a hardware failure.
Florida Department of Transportation, Miami, FL, 1997 to 2001
- Directed IT department activities with full accountability for technology purchases, network maintenance and administration, disaster planning/recovery, and personnel training, counseling and management.
- Project-managed smooth migration from Novell Netware to a Windows NT 4.0 environment, and subsequent migration from Windows NT 4.0 to Windows 2000 Active Directory.
- Oversaw and performed installation of new servers and migration of data from older servers.
- Initiated innovative disaster planning partnership with other district offices and conducted full daily back-up procedures.
Network Administrator, Carnival Hotels & Casinos, Miami, FL, 1996 to 1997
Training Center Manager, APS Training Centers, Miami Lakes, FL, 1995 to 1996
LAN Administrator / Programmer, Diabetes Research Institute, Hollywood, FL, 1990 to 1994
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Florida International University, Miami, FL, 1989
- Business Education s Most Outstanding Student Award
Certified NetWare Engineer
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
Certified Citrix Administrator
Windows 2000-2003 Server; Active Directory; MS Office Suite; Citrix Server; SQL Server 2000; Exchange Server 2000-2003; RightFax; Terminal Server; RPG; COBOL; WordPerfect; Lotus Notes; Novell Netware
Hiring Agent Name
I am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity in an IT management capacity and am submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
As indicated in the accompanying resume, I bring to you a substantial background in directing IT operations, proven talents in project and staff leadership, and the flexibility to skillfully handle simultaneous priorities and projects with an unwavering commitment to efficiency, quality assurance, compliance, and cost control. To complement these qualifications, I offer solid analytical, problem solving, critical thinking, and planning skills which are essential as an IT Manager.
As a proactive contributor to your organization, you will find me to be a self-motivated professional and stellar leader committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through technical acumen, versatility, and exemplary business acumen. I am confident that I could be a valuable asset to your company, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!