creative, self-directed, results-oriented educator with over 6 years of successful experience in education, classroom instruction, and developing curriculum. proven capacity to open cognitive channels and to drive students to high levels of learning. dynamic communicator and motivational teacher, able to forge meaningful associates with students. talent to identify the strengths and weaknesses of students and deliver lessons adjusted to such. strong ability to encourage a risk free, positive atmosphere, promoting social and academic success. demonstrated talent for developing and implementing creative material that successfully meets the needs of every student s learning style and ability. skilled in providing students with maximum exposure to technologies, a greater support base, and diverse and interdisciplinary curriculum. strong utilization of technology in classroom including lcd, notebook, powerpoint, and movie maker.
individualized instruction / multiple intelligences / tactile & visual learning
curriculum management / student motivation / use of manipulatives
interactive learning / differentiated instruction / technology integration
teacher, 03/2003 c present
john f. kennedy high school pps, paterson, nj
facilitate use of the responsive classroom philosophy for high school students, improve learning proficiency levels, and comprehension skills of students using most effective learning medium.
develop effective and proactive behavior management methods within classroom; institute fair, clear rules and consistently enforce them as needed, resulting in a positive atmosphere.
focus students attention on african american, us, and world history lesson content through clear direction and interactive reenactments of historical events.
keep students engaged in curriculum using higher learning skills, writing, and usage of data based questioning and encouraged them to express their ideas by incorporating independent reading, strategy groups, and literature circles.
demonstrate historical awareness as lead teacher for national history day competitors and winners.
- deliver creative, innovative, and analytical lesson plans and curriculum to pupils through differentiated instruction.
- observed and evaluated pupils' work to determine student progress or suggest improvements within a learning environment with bulletin boards, posters, word walls, and learning objects.
- collaborate with colleagues and administrators to introduce balanced programs of instruction and demonstrations that provide opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
- assist in student preparation for standardized tests and interpreted results to determine student strengths and areas of need; generate district mandated examinations.
- maintain accurate and complete student records as required by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations
- selected as sophomore class advisor
- academy teacher, communications, performing and visual arts department
- committee member, pull your pants up initiative
- member and writer, curriculum management team for paterson public schools
- school-elected member, professional development committee
- participant, nj history partnership program at kean university
additional experience: cooperating teacher for 2 wpu and montclair senior field practicums (spring 2007, spring 2009) and 1 montclair junior field practicum (spring 2008).
education & licensure
bachelor of arts history, kean university, union, nj, 2002
- nj certification teacher of social studies #374253
- history/ teacher certification
hiring agent name
i am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity in a teaching capacity and am submitting my resume for your review. in advance, i would like to express genuine thanks for your time and consideration.
as demonstrated in the accompanying resume, my professional qualifications include instructing students at the high school age in african american history, us history, and world history. i have effectively applied my skills and knowledge as a lead teacher with my own personal classroom. additionally, i posses a bachelor of arts degree in history from kean university. other professional development courses i have completed are the amistad commission grant writing course at the 2009 njea convention.
to complement this background, i offer ability to pioneer creative lesson plans on historical events while remaining focused on in-depth analysis of each student s overall learning ability, addressing atypical education and individual needs of students at the appropriate learning level. additionally, i am well able to establish and enforce rules for behavior, and policies and procedures to maintain order among students.
in my class, i provide a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate, and use, both in learning activities and in interactive media. as an experienced educator, i enjoy planning and conducting activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate. for example, i am very familiar with interactive history web sites such as active history, amistad interactive textbook, discovery, pbs, and aihe.
as a member of your team, you will find me to be a driven team player committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior performance. i am confident that i could be a valuable asset to your institution, and i look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!